email: remove the "This message was sent to:" line

Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we please remove or modify the bottom "This message was sent to: User Name" line from the email notifications? It is just a duplicate of the "To:" line in the email header.

The problem is, I used a hiliting rule to find messages where people address me by name, but of course that fails when every message body has that auto-blurb in it.

There is a possible use case for that line: desparate external wannabe-admins who do not know how to read email headers but still need a pointer to the dummy whose email auto-forwarding is flooding their sites. For those implement a different scheme e.g. "This message was sent to [link to user info page, by numeric ID rather than name]", or a straight opt-out link.

Thanks,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

email: remove the "This message was sent to:" line

Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we please remove or modify the bottom "This message was sent to: User Name" line from the email notifications? It is just a duplicate of the "To:" line in the email header.

The problem is, I used a hiliting rule to find messages where people address me by name, but of course that fails when every message body has that auto-blurb in it.

There is a possible use case for that line: desparate external wannabe-admins who do not know how to read email headers but still need a pointer to the dummy whose email auto-forwarding is flooding their sites. For those implement a different scheme e.g. "This message was sent to [link to user info page, by numeric ID rather than name]", or a straight opt-out link.

Thanks,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2009 0

Have something to add?