Email Subject feature breaks when the Subject changes.

Advisor ,
May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am somewhat grateful for the change in Jive's Subject header to allow for "Group by Subject" in those email clients that have that feature. And, of course, I eagerly await the proper references: header.

But there is still a glitch in the Subject header system. If somebody changes the subject via the Web forum interface, the new subject goes out in the email notifications as expected. But email replies to those messages with the new subjects get their subject line changed to the original subject by Jive's incoming email system. Therefore, subsequent replies to those email messages will not contain the Subject header that was sent and the "Group by Subject" hack is broken again.

Tested in the Testing sub-forum: Changing Subject while testing Email replies

Yes, I know that changing the subject does not happen often in a support forum, but it is a very good way to separate thread drift from the original topic - especially in systems that do not send references: or in reply to: headers as per specifications.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Email Subject feature breaks when the Subject changes.

Advisor ,
May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am somewhat grateful for the change in Jive's Subject header to allow for "Group by Subject" in those email clients that have that feature. And, of course, I eagerly await the proper references: header.

But there is still a glitch in the Subject header system. If somebody changes the subject via the Web forum interface, the new subject goes out in the email notifications as expected. But email replies to those messages with the new subjects get their subject line changed to the original subject by Jive's incoming email system. Therefore, subsequent replies to those email messages will not contain the Subject header that was sent and the "Group by Subject" hack is broken again.

Tested in the Testing sub-forum: Changing Subject while testing Email replies

Yes, I know that changing the subject does not happen often in a support forum, but it is a very good way to separate thread drift from the original topic - especially in systems that do not send references: or in reply to: headers as per specifications.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 10, 2009 0

Have something to add?