• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

embed movie problems

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I'm grateful that we can now embed movies but there are a few problems.

First, you can't use Safari because the select a video site portion is blank. Click on the selectors and nothing happens.

Second, You can't embed movies from your own site. It looks like only the big 5 sites are permitted. I have a bunch of samples and tutorials stored on my site that I'l love to be able to embed. I can create a link, but I can't embed. Even if I edit in html and put in all of the acceptable code, an embedded movie gets renamed to a flash movie and the whole thing seems to be broken. I have not tried re-encoding my samples as flash movies so I don't know if that's the fix.

One last gripe, this one on links. If you select target=blank it doesn't seem to work. You still get the link popping up in the current browser window. It seems like most other html code is working, but this one is broken for sure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

target=blank is incorrect HTML code. Try with the correct usage of target = "_blank" and see if that works. (The quotes are preferred, but not essential, but the underscore is required.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't been, feel free to use the test forum to get it up and running. That is a subforum to this one and is at http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion but I have always been doing it that way. Just too lazy to type it in that way.

Here's a test

We'll see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what the code looks like after it is submitted:

<p>Here's a <a class="jive-link-external-small" href="http://www.hottek.net/samples/TimeRemap.mov">test</a></p>

I used typical <a href="http://www.hottek.net/samples/TimeRemap.mov" target="_blank"> test</a> but the code was rewritten to remove the target and insert the "jive-link . . ." stuff.

So my conclusion is that you can't write strict html code, you can't embed movies from any but the defined 5 movie hosting sites, and there's no easy way to add code that is unformatted (java script / expressions) in the same way you used to be able to add action script code in the Flash forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would insert link, and go to item you want to link, do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The point isn't that I can't get a link to an external file, it's that you can't make the link open in a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines