• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 404

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread on this error has just been closed because it degraded into a childish "Mac vs PC" fight. Also, many persons experiencing this error had been reporting the same observations over and over again.

For the benefit of all those wanting to report anything on Error 404, I am quoting the following excerpt from this message of the locked thread, http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276574#2276574:

The answer to the original question about 404 errors has been given a

long time ago, but I'll repeat it here for you:

Jive bug CS-12987 'jsessionids printed in the middle of "Last Post" link

when anonymous browsing turned on' was fixed in ClearSpace release 2.5.13.

Please report the issue again if you continue to experience this after

Adobe has been upgraded to ClearSpace 2.5.13 or later.

As the bug was fixed "a long time ago" and we are still using version 2.5.7 of ClearSpace -as can be read at the bottom of the page- please refrain from reporting 404 errors until the upgrade comes. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bloody thing caught me again today! AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath, I receive the error every time I come in after a restart of my browser, but I'm not complaining because we have been told that the bug was fixed months ago. Only thing is, it hasn't been fixed in these forums because we have still not made it to Clearspace 2.5.13. Which, incidentally, is not precisely the latest version of the software... So please try to bear with "the bloody thing" until we are finally upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's like when you bump your head on something you KNOW is there, you've done it before, but still you forget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And at least, as I speak a different flavoUr of English from these forums, I can still curse a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I still (sometimes) remember to write favoUr, please make me the favour of not getting me into the same bag with the rest. And I am giving you 5 points for your message #6 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't had it since St Swithin's day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously upset Mrs JJ, did you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The requested resource could not be found but may be available again in the future. Subsequent requests by the client are permissible."

I don't think I'll bother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get it after every restart of my browser.  The only way around it?  I launch the browser, load up the forum comments page, press the refresh button to reload the page, browse the topics and click.

it's definitely a PITA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

it's definitely a PITA. 

Yup 5 times already today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are folks having to restat your Browsers? I hardly ever had to restart my Browser (will not say what to preventgufaws and sneers). in years. Of course I don't leave my machine on 24/7/365 Cut off at night and turn on in Morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I opened this thread because the previous one was locked when it degraded into a Mac/Win fight. Please don't start the whole discussion all over again.

And, just in case, and although you may find this hard to believe, when I switch off my Mac at night, my browser is also switched off. Something wrong with my setup, no doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Phillip, I opened this thread because the previous one was locked when it degraded into a Mac/Win fight. Please don't start the whole discussion all over again.

And, just in case, and although you may find this hard to believe, when I switch off my Mac at night, my browser is also switched off. Something wrong with my setup, no doubt.

No trying to get a Mac/Pc arguemnet going. I was referencing using SeaMonkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Why are folks having to restat your Browsers?

I know you didn't quite get it the last time but for folks with Windows, if you close all of your browser windows, you essentially shut down your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Why are folks having to restat your Browsers?

I know you didn't quite get it the last time but for folks with Windows, if you close all of your browser windows, you essentially shut down your browser.

again not trying to get a Mac/Pc ware started. Just stating differences.  Notice:

Firefoxpicture001.png

I've closed all windows But Firefox is still running. If I ws top click on new window and go to forum I could read message becase the Browser was still running though no windows are open.

Just pointing out differences. I'm just not use to closing windows quiting the application. Reason I asked the question or made the orignal comment.

Its not mine is better than yours. Its just different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I must ask you humbly to please stop it. You are again repeating what everyone knows and many of us are fed up of hearing/reading. Also, if you shut down your computer at night, I simply cannot believe that you "hardly ever had to restart my Browser", but I think the matter deserves no further comment.

Unless you are purposely trying to have this thread locked, for which I cannot imagine a single sane reason.

And please don't make things any worse by trying to explain what you said and why you said it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must suppport Claudio here. Please stop these irrelevant and tiresome arguments and post only information relevant to the subject, which in this case is the circumstances of the 404 error message.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. And don't bother to reply to this either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally I have to restart each morning. But I am refering to while the computer is running.

Over with let's move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"while the computer is running" ...

there are times when I close all applications with the exception of the one, most important one I am working in.  I don't want the other programs using up memory when I am not utilizing them.  *That* would be ONE reason to close the browser.

Sometimes I clear the cache, history etc.  After doing this, I will close the browser.  Whenever I turn off my computer, all applications are shut down before the powering down of my computer.

EVERY TIME I launch my browser, load up the forum comments page, I click on a link and get the 404 error.  I refresh the front page, no more error.

Hope that clears things up.

hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a 404 error. I get the Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage thingie. I assume this is the same as a 404 error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohmigoodness, I got some points!!!    Thanks Claudio!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

ohmigoodness, I got some points!!!    Thanks Claudio!

Well, why not? They are there anyway... And you were the first to answer an important question, although somewhat briefly I must say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines