• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Evidently Nicknames is broken again or still broken

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't post a question to any forum (not really sure even this will work.)

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forums don't have nicknames. Just your user name.

It looks like posting worked here. What forum are you trying to post in where it isn't working? And what sort of errro message are you getting?

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the only way I can merge the forums on my account is to change my user name from Cindy to Cindy- since there is someone in the MM forums with the user name Cindy. The dash is better than it was when there was no option in my Adobe profile to change what was registered there but I still wish it could be left alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up the first day to use my current account name and even ticked the item remember me.

well guess what It didn't remeber me It did remember the name I gave and when I type in password It let me in but. But once remember me was sit if you clicked a link from the email notification sent you were already signed in. Shaded of the last time around.

Not again. Can't they get anything right!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be able to log in now. I wonder what the problem was? I made no changes on my end, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, there is someone with an Adobe ID who selected the screen name Cindy. It has nothing to do with the MM forums. Even if those forums didn't exist, the Adobe ID would, and there would be the same situation. I'm in the same situation. I'd like to use "JohnC" but it is already taken by someone else as part of their Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will look at my message you will see I have the screen name Cindy. But if I attempt to put it in my profile it will tell me the screen name is already taken. It has to be coming from some place else because I am the only one at Adobe forums with that screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have the screen name of "Cindy" here at adobeforums.com.

Which profile are you asking about where it says it is already taken? If you are talking about Adobe.com that has no relationship to the forums here. These forums exist outside the Adobe network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe ID profile. That is what the forums are attempting to merge with which includes a screen name. That screen name shows up in the Dreamweaver forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message I get if I log out and try to log back in:

-----------------
Forums are migrating!

We're making improvements to the Adobe Forums, and as part of the process we're asking all our users to link their existing Adobe Forums account to an Adobe ID. It just takes a few simple steps. By linking your account, you will preserve your authoring history on all previously posted threads. Adobe Forums are still free, and the same privacy policy applies.
------------------

This is the Adobe ID I am talking about. My Adobe ID will not let me enter Cindy as my screen name which I already have been using for years.

I think basically it is telling me I am using it therefore I cannot have it. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if we merge we lose our Adobe screen names. That is the flaw we have been trying to tell them about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I will be Cindy- :)

Actually, it shouldnt look much different. It already looks like Cindy- at the top of the page. After I merge it will look like Cindy--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I could put Cindy_since_1994 or there about. Actually, we haven't been here that long have we? Used to be Compuserve and AOL...Aw hell, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of the opposite. You are not losing your Adobe screen name. You are losing your Adobeforums screen name. Adobeforums is hosted outside of Adobe and has never been tied in any way to an Adobe account until the past few weeks.

I did have Customer Service look up "Cindy" on the Adobe system, but I have no way to tell if it might be you because all I know you as is "Cindy" and nothing else. No last name, no location, etc. Good if you are trying to remain totally anonymous.

Send me an email to userforum at adobe dot com with additional information and I can try to confirm if the Cindy at Adobe is the same Cindy at Adobeforums or not.

The new system will not have a dash between your name and the date/time. So you would be Cindy- in there.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really go back to the CompuServe days? If I remember correctly, I was 76703,1410 there. I was happy to lose that and become JohnC. Just "John" wouldn't have worked. If you had your last name initial on the end I might remember more about you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you an email John. Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a real lurker during CompuServe and AOL days. But yes, I was there. I don't remember my number though. Makes me old but don't tell anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah the days... they were... somethin, something... :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another AOL SIG member? That does go back a bit!
:)

I remember posting a message on the SIG with the Adobe URL, when John got the Adobe Forums up and running (and we were left with a rather tiresome Moderator at AOL), telling people that there was "a better party down the street"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What year did we come to Adobe? I played at AOL and CS but was not real visible. I have one of the AOL moderators that I am friends with today. It's been a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "(and we were left with a rather tiresome Moderator at AOL)"

Did people call him Blarney Strife back then, too?

XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Compuserver here too. I remember Len and Carole and Bruce and ...

... and John of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried to tie in my nick here with my AdobeID to no avail. Says already taken. Yea. By me.

Let's see... my nick is my full name. randalqueen. Hum. Should match with my Adobe ID. Hum. Guess not.

I just don't get you guys. Why ask us to do what can't be done. Migrate. Humpf...

I'll stop now before I really speak out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was on CIS, a regular in the DTPForum, where I was a subsection host (although we used a different term). I can no longer remember by screen number ... I admire those of you who can, 10 years after last having to use it. But can you remember your own phone number today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines