• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

False Logout

Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember exactly when it started, but for the past "several" days I have been having a problem with FALSE forum logouts

This is on both Win7 64bit Pro and Internet Explorer 8 (auto-updates) and WinXP Pro and IE8 (also auto-updates)

The symptom is... I will switch away from whatever forum I am in to do something else for "awhile" (half hour to an hour or so) and when I come back to the forum, my name is gone and I see the login line where my name should be

When I click the login line it does NOT take me back to the login screen, it just puts my name back and I may proceed

Anyone else having this false logout problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I have been experiencing the same thing, and have Remember Me unchecked, but get logged back in, with the same operation, as you describe.

I also have been having issues, that are similar, where I go to post a Reply, and my log-in is showing properly, but get the "access denied - gotta' log-in," message. If I click the Log-in on THAT page, the log-in is automatic, but then I need to go Back a few times, as I almost always get the "Can't post a blank Reply." A few Backs, gets me to the editing screen, and now I am logged back in, and all works. Have not lost a Reply yet, but have taken to doing a Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+C, just in case. I hate re-typing a Reply.

For me, it started in the week between Christmas and New Year, and seems to have increased through today - Jan 03, 2011.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm on Chrome, on XP-Pro SP3.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning of Wed Jan 19... forum is slow, and false logouts are back again (maybe the two are related?)

This time, I don't even need to go away for awhile... I can be in a forum and click a saved link to go to another forum and I am falesly logged out

I click the login link and don't even have to go to the actual login page, my name just reappears and I'm still logged in

Sigh... Jived Again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John T.,

Jan. 19 was a maddening day for the forum. I had log-outs with almost every post that I read, or replied to, and the forum went down for short periods about six times for me.

Jan. 20 seems much better, but I know I have just jinxed myself.

It was not just the Pacific NW, that experienced these problems - you were not alone.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i've seen it. usually a reload fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines