• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal DW start up error

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launching DW produces error: "XML parsing fatal error invalid document structure line 1"  DWCS4/en-US/configuration/worskspace/designer.xml" followed by "panel layout missing or can't be read"  then DW hangs.  I have CS4 student edition.  will a fresh install fix this problem.  Do I need

to deactive the software if I am installing on the same computer.  can i just re-install DW or do I have to install the entire suite?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you post your problem in the DW forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_general

But you can reinstall on top of the existing Suite / program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it likely that the re-install will fix it.

I just don't want to make my life worse.

did i mention it was the student edition

which can only be installed on one computer?

(I only have it on one, but i'm worried that

however it checks for a single install may get

as confused as I am)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalling on top won't affect your activation.... that info is already on the computer... maximum it'll ask you to input the serial number again. However, if you're planning on doing an uninstall and a fresh install, then you may need to deactivate... Check in the DW forums. They'll be able to guide you pretty accurately. Yes, you mentioned it was a student version... But i think even a student version can be installed on two computers. The caveat is that you can't (not supposed to) run both simultaneously...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines