• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Larger reply box.

Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to have more room in the reply box so that we don't have to scroll so much to review our replies.

This has become more of an issue for me since I need more than 10 macros and have to combine many responses into one macro and delete the parts that do not apply to the OP's specific issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann. img0370.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if the reply box expanded automatically, as it does in feedback.photoshop.com.

If that can't be done, it would be great to have a default initial size about twice the current initial size.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

I would like to see the reply box bigger by default. I know it can be adjusted manually, but it's still annoying it's so small to begin with. I can barely fit three lines before you need to resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see the Community Guidelines go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too.

2020-05-17 09_52_23-.png

And the Reply to a Reply box is much bigger than the Reply to the Original post box.

Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Ann.

It has been a while since I came to this forum, so I only just saw this thread,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to do the expanding. As I stated in my other reply to Ann about the Community guidelines the Reply to a Reply text box is bigger than the Reply to the original post text box.

Why is that? To much page space being used by the Com Guidelines?

And who thought up that graphic, what is it supposed to represent?

2020-05-17 10_01_10-Solved_ Feature Request_ Larger reply box. - Adobe Support Community - 11130872.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have got a scroll bar: not good, too small, no page expander.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the box expander, for me anyway to a reply to Ann.

2020-06-18 06_27_37-Solved_ Re_ Feature Request_ Larger reply box. - Adobe Support Community - 11130.png

2020-06-18 06_26_51-Solved_ Re_ Feature Request_ Larger reply box. - Adobe Support Community - 11130.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the expander in both kinds of replies, Ann, and I have no scrollbar to start with.

The scrollbar only turns up when I start on the fourth line for a reply to the OP, on the ninth line for other replies.

If you(s) see it, it may because we are past 17th June.

I wonder whether Ed (and others) may or may not see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This edited post was a duplicate of the original post above; when I clicked Post the first time in the original post, I received the question whether I wished to Leave the page, as if I had clicked Cancel, so I clicked Cancel after saving, and then I posted again with no issue, only to find the duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann looking at your screen shot the whole text entry area seems to have dotted lines with rounded bottome corners. Could that be how you Expand that area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is the SMALL box when replying to the OP, Top reply button. But expander is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum's rich text editor is supplied by Tiny MCE which has plenty of online documentation.  It would take a novice 2 seconds to increase the Reply panel's height value if one wanted to. 

https://www.tiny.cloud/docs-3x/reference/configuration/Configuration3x@height/

And while you're at it, you also have my permission to remove the annoying restictions in modal windows. There's no reason to handcuff and shackle users with bad UI choices.  It's beyond tiresome having to constantly struggle with this platform.  Adding a screenshot or video should NOT require me to re-adjust my display settings each time.  If you want video, I'll be happy to provide one.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, for me, using the first (Blue) Reply button I get an input box that's about four lines high. But when I use the nested (grey) Reply button I get a much larger input box. 

I also sometimes get a GIGANTIC reply button that stretches the full width above the input box, as well as the normal sized Post button below it, but I haven't seen one today to get a screenshot. (And I haven't been game to click on it to see what happens 😛  )

FIrst Reply button input box:

image.png

Nested reply button input box:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ha! GIGANTIC reply button example. Clicking reply then gave an error and reloaded back to the screen without a gigantic reply button. Perhaps this is part of the experiment...

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines