Exit

[Feature Request] Make the breadcrumb trail visible at the top at all times

Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By breadcrumb trail, I mean this sort of thing:

clipboard_image_0.png

If I'm 5 pages into a thread and at the bottom of the page after multiple posts and want to go back to the community page, I do not want to have to either scroll all the way UP the page to get to the link back the community page nor do I want to have to click on this and then rework my way back down to the community page, especially since the communities I'm in are generally not listed in the Popular category, so I still have to filter what's listed.

clipboard_image_1.png

My current workaround has been to create bookmarks, but that oughtn't be necessary. The banner at the top should always tell you which community you're in and let you travel back to the main page for it without all the shenanigans.

TOPICS
Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have made bookmarks too, but maybe I know what you're after

- maybe this isn't what you mean by breadcrumbs but at the top of this post (on a mac, chrome browser) I see:

if I click 'Community Feedback' I am taken back to that specific forum

if I click 'Adobe Support Community' I go back to the main forum page

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not what I mean. On my PC, using Chrome, Adobe Support Community is always visible at the top of the page. However, the information just below it (Adobe Support Community > [name of community]) is lost as you scroll down the page because it is not in the header. 

clipboard_image_1.png

For example, if I am at the bottom of, say, page 3 of a multi-page thread and want to go back to the community page, my choice is to either scroll back up until that second line reappears, or click the Adobe Support Community link in the header and then refind the community, or click Back until I get to the community front page, or, as I've been doing, using a bookmark.

In the great scheme of things it's not a big deal, but it's one of those niggling annoyances that make this forum platform so ... annoying. It's a very poor design choice.

ETA: For whatever reason, I still don't seem to have the ability to mark a reply as correct. It's not appearing as a choice in the post menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linsims, I've added moderator permissions to your profile so you should be able to see the Correct Answer link now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very kind of you Tricia, thank you. I thought that all users were supposed to be able to mark an answer as correct now, or is that something that is supposed to happen with the next set of updates? I lose track of that sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linsims, the only people who can mark an answer as correct are the original poster, ACPs and MVPs with moderator permissions, and Adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tricia, that's what I thought, so I was puzzled that as the original poster of this thread the option of marking a response as the correct answer wasn't available. I see I wasn't entirely clear when saying this earlier and that my original response seemed to imply that anyone could mark an answer correct rather than the people you listed.

In any case, I am flattered that you are trusting me with the additional capabilities of a moderator and hope that I prove worthy of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah,

OK gotcha about the breadcrumbs not being in the static header, 

actually that reminds me - it frustrates me that the "pages" are actually paginated. gojng back and forth through the pages and having to maybe occasionally go back to the OP's question is cumbersome. 

nothing wrong with scrolling.

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see if I scroll far enough down the page. As you can see, that second line that tells me what community I'm in and lets me click on the community name to return to its front page is no longer visible. Both the information (the name of the community I'm currently looking at) and the link back to the first page are useful enough that I want them visible at all times.

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most of us were objecting to the continual scroll because there is also information in the footer that kept disappearing before we could click on it or even read it when the thread was particularly long. As soon as you get close to the bottom of the page, more posts are loaded. If there are only 10 or so posts, that's not a big problem, but most of the communities have thousands of posts, and some of the individual threads are also quite long.

ETA: I had included an image of the information in the footer. Or thought I had, for some reason I couldn't just C&P it in. But the image isn't there now!

Trying again:  adobe community footer.png

EATA: Ah, this time it worked, but only if I used the photo insert from the tool bar. Interesting.

By the way, Neil, you don't have to go back to the first page of a multi-page thread to see the original post. It is always at the top of each page. Or at least it has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah understood about scrolling. But it’s nit the scrolling that’s an issue there IMO it’s that constant loading. We didn’t have that with the Jive version. I’m missing the old days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines