• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finally! I have a dead-simple request:

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its quite nicely convenient to have links between similar forums, like we had in WebX. There's even a place for it.

For example, in the right-column box entitled "Forums" it's nice to have links to to similar forums, e.g.: On the Photoshop/Windows thread index page, there's currently a link in that box for Photoshop Windows FAQ.

I'd also like to see a list (or even a drop down menu) for links to "Photoshop for Macintosh" "Lightroom" "Photoshop Scripting", etc. Any links that are somewhat obvious "kindred" forums. I might even go so far as to ask for links between the Photoshop forums,  the Illustrator and Indesign Forums, and maybe a couple others, since they are, after all Suite-mates and used by many of us on a simultaneous and daily basis.

Too bad, I—or someone—couldn't be allowed access to perform this sort of "grunt work." I'd have a friendly load of cross-pollination links set up within the next 24 hours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It would be nice to do that in the Acrobat and Reader forums as well.

When they post in the wrong area (and they will) we can just have them go back to the list and tell them to look for the link on the right instead of having to get in some sort of detailed discussion simply to get them to the right area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually can do the "grunt work" on this. Just do it in a regular message. I can then convert that into the descriptive text box at the top of the forum(s). Let me know when you have something and I'll get it posted.

As for posting in the wrong area, hosts will be able to move the message to someplace else. They will also be able to break out messages in the middle of a thread to a  new thread if things really drift off and don't come back.  The URLs for the moved messages won't change, so folks can still find their messages by using History or Your Stuff if they got moved to a different location.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John_Cornicello wrote:

You actually can do the "grunt work" on this. Just do it in a regular message. I can then convert that into the descriptive text box at the top of the forum(s). Let me know when you have something and I'll get it posted.

Well, I'd be happy to do this, at least for a couple forums. But to be quite frank, navigation is already sludgy and the inefficient use of space is already among the top complaints here.

That said, I'd propose that as little text as possible be posted at the top of the forums...I wouldn't want it to be anywhere near as bulky as the text at the top of some of the WebX forums. Not EVEN close to that.

The text at the top would succinctly admonish/request/cajole/beg/politely ask/demand—with phrasing that is as attitudinally neutral as possible—that the wayward and/or clueless peruse the wonderful wealth contained in the right-column box.

That's why my suggestion is to place links in the box/widget already provided for them in the right column. And that I can't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed about trying to keep the top less cluttered. But it could go off on the side as in

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/testing?view=overview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better yet, John, let's dispose of the entire right column and regain the space for some worthwhile use.  Perhaps even take the great leap and have a  flexible width posting area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone used the FileMaker Forums?

The have something that looks similar to this except nothing on the right and the windows go copletely from one side to the other. (Flex width) Wonder if it run on Jive software? Wonder it the system her could be set like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines