Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First Line Truncated

Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed in the Bridge and Photoshop forum that my first line of a response does a carriage return about a quarter the way across the page.  The first few times I thought I inadvertently hit the enter key.  But after it happened each time I decided that was not the case.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It did not happen on this Forum.

Damm, had to retype as it gave me an error message on posting.

Tripple damm, this is the 3rd attempt,  "unexplained error has occured", but still logged in.  But did a copy before posting and then paste this time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced it myself (yet) but they're talking a little bit about it here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2403567?tstart=0#2403567

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Welcome to the "New & Improved" Adobe forum experience. There is a new feature, the automatic line break. When the editing screen thinks that you need a line break, it gives you one.

Acutally, this is happening to many of us. The published "fix" is to, well fix it.

To date, this normally is happening in the first 3 lines of text, but not always. Keep an eye on the screen, as you type and be ready with the Backspace key. Mine is getting worn out. Normally, by about the third line, you're OK, but I had one instance tonight, where there were maybe 5 and I was on about line six.

I've noticed that when these happen, the justification icons on the Toolbar often flash, and move slightly. Right now, with no auto line breaks, I see that the justification tools are offset about 2 pixels, from the formatting icons above. I do not know what this means, and it's just observation.

Along with this, the Block Quote function is about 1:3, and sometimes cannot be used, regardless of what the user tries.

Also, the camera icon attachment of an image is dead for many. Lately, others have used it, and have no issues. Maybe this is a rolling "fix," and will one day get to Arizona? My "guess" is that this was fixed in San Jose, and progressed westward. That means that I will be the last, but if it does get fixed, I'll live with that.

Keep the faith, and just keep an eye on the screen, as you type. Hope that there is a real fix coming down the pike.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - see ya' in the PS forum, if I can stay logged-in as the_wine_snob...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me, too, but at the moment that's the least of my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot say that it's "the least of my problems," as my B

ackspace key is getting worn out. [Nice place for a line break, won't you agree?]

I used to get these in the first line [this was supposed to be one

line, but is now several, due to the wonderful new auto line break feature that was added on Black Monday

.], but now it's almost every line and really gets in the way, when you're trying to both follow a

thread and help a user get some Adobe program fixed.

Yes, it is but one of the issues, that many of us now face. Is it the worst? Maybe, but maybe not. I still do not have my "camera" back, though many do.

No, it's just part of Black Monday.

Sorry to fall off the Adobe vegetable cart, but this is getting obscene.

Hunt

PS - hope that you can read the first paragraph. I did not use my poor Backspace key, as it is now smoking and glowing red. This is what the normal user would see, instead of a helpful post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's just a FRIGGIN (edit: sorry, forgot that "frig-" was bad language) text box, you'd think these Jive idiots would be able to figure out how to do that properly.  Then again, when your jives (developers) are stupid enough to actually think it's a good idea to use JavaScript as much as possible, it's not much of a shock is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines