• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash or Flex?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am like many other am confused about Flash and Flex.  What confuses me is how many or want tools do I need to achieve my target application.

Here is what I am trying to do:

We have lots of log information (syslogs, database logs...etc) which is in CSV format.  I need to present this information to key management about the activiites from the logs in Visual format but still has dynamic links.  For the management sake, I need this application to be cross platform (Windows, MacOSX, Linux).

What tool do I need to use Flash, Flex or (something else like Java)?

If it is Flash or Flex, then how much would it cost?

Thank you in advance for any help.

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, please don't send me URLs which explain the differences between Flash and Flex.  I already did that and I am still confused hence the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a forum about the forums...

Might help you better if you posted in the appropriate forums.

Here's the link to the Flash forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flash

Here's the link to the Flex forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't really given people enough info to be able to give meaningful advice. You want to present tabular data in a visual format - does that mean graphs and charts like you could produce in Excel, or just tables of data? Does 'visual' mean only on screen or (as is my experience of 'key management') on paper too? And dynamic links - to what? Do you want to be able to present data in graphic form on screen and be able to update the display at the touch of a button? A few more words of description would help, and perhaps a reference to a web page or an online document showing the kind of thing you're looking for.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Excel 2007 and import the data to a new worksheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines