Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Following and Bookmarked

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy !

Can somebody please explain me in real words, step by step,  how can I use this functions ?

I read

How do I access bookmarks?

I wasted a lot of time to search Help forum but I don't understand this function.

I want to follow a Discussion, I check follow in Inbox, but my Inbox remains empty.

This discussion is not started by me, but I don't want to start similar, I want to find this thread quickly.

thank's

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User Manual for the Adobe Community

Adobe Community Forums: Inbox and Streams - YouTube

When you follow something, you will receive new content in your Inbox. Until someone posts a reply, you won't see a thing. Following an item is not about finding it again quickly, that's what your browser bookmarks are for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank's for fast reply!

Dave Merchant wrote:

Following an item is not about finding it again quickly, that's what your browser bookmarks are for.

My browser bookmark has to many items, I can't use it for bookmarking 10-15 items for only one forum

Please suggest me a method to do that using forum application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dave said, your browser bookmarks are meant to do what you say you want to do: return easily and quickly to a given item. The forum browser bookmarks will show in your Inbox a given thread only when new content has been added to the thread, and will show nothing after you visit the thread, until new content is added again. I fail to see how could you use the second to perform the functions of the first.

As to having many items in your browser bookmarks, I do have more than a hundred, but organizing them in carpets makes navigating them easy. For example, you can have a carpet exclusively for items related with the Adobe forums, or even with a given forum if you wish. And of course you can add sub-carpets if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you completely Maka, and there are lots of questions about finding ones old posts, so your question is very relevant. I'm looking for a list of my own posts.

You should not have to bookmark everything you write on a forum, or every thread that you follow and would like to find your way back to now and then.

This seems to be a missing feature on this forum platform.

Edit: Now I found what I was looking for:

1. Press the small avatar in the upper right.

2. Press the large silhouette

3. Press Contents

4. Press Following

A list of the threads that you are following will show.

Capture.PNG

And to find your bookmarked pages on this forum, you press the "More" menu to the right of Contents, and select Bookmarks.

Capture.PNG

Swedish text on the screen shots, sorry about that, but I guess you will be able to locate the links anyway.

Edit 2: To get to your bookmarked thread on the forum, there is a quicker way: just put the cursor in the search field in the top right corner, and select "Bookmarked" in the dropdown list that will show.

There is also a couple of "Recent" lists that show the threads that you have visited many times / most recently.

Capture.PNG

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yeah, that's what I was looking, problem solved, thank you Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines