• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts too small in forum

Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 1280 x 768 display. I'm having a lot of trouble reading forum content without aggressively increasing text sizes in my browsers.

My sites look exactly the same today as they did yesterday so it's not a display issue at my end. 

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commented on this in another thread, but I received some not very polite rebutals, and answering them would have been reopening a subject that had already been discussed in an old thread, so I gave up.

On a matter of principle, I have tried to write all my posts in Verdana, until we lost the formatting ability; and I am trying to respect my self-impossed rule now that we got it back. This is my personal way fo showing some respect for myself and for all those who find the tiny Arial chosen as default in these forums difficult to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably who Claudio was talking about.  He didn't ask for larger fonts, but rather a different font face, which I don't prefer.

However, I'm not at all opposed to going up a point in the size of the Arial font being used here.  I think it's a good idea.

If you think what you're reading is small here, you should see the Microsoft technet forum fonts!  Over there I do what Claudio's doing, except that I choose Arial and raise it to 10pt, which is about what we have here! 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a matter of principle, I have tried to write all my posts in Verdana, until we lost the formatting ability; and I am trying to respect my self-impossed rule now that we got it back. This is my personal way fo showing some respect for myself and for all those who find the tiny Arial chosen as default in these forums difficult to read.

I have to say, I personally find that to be wrongheaded and mildly frustrating (Verdana versus Arial not so much. But other "personal formatting choices.")

Those who dislike the font should configure their browsers to change the font size (presumably you can do this automatically with Greasemonkey or Stylish or whatever). But when people change the fonts of their posts to be different from the default, it makes their posts stick out. Usually in a goofy and artificial way. I'd much rather not see all of any one person's posts in a different font or size.

It also means if I scale up everyone's font sizes, then those posts are unreasonable large.

So, by all means, keep your own counsel, but I don't think this is a solution that is helpful to anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A good extension to use for some of your Web Browsers particuarly Mozillia Browsers called  is called NoSquint You can set maganification you need for each Web site that gives you trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines