Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[For Adobe team]: allowed attachments

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team,

the web forum message composer lets you attach files, saying "All file types are allowed except: .doc, .bin, .dms, .lha, .lzh, .exe, .class, .so, .dll"

But when trying to upload a .psd or .icc file, I got the error message The content type of this attachment is not allowed.  ....    I can counter this by renaming the files to .txt as a workaround, or zip them, but maybe you can fix the error.

Thanks,
Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're waiting for a fix (good luck) - rumour has it you can attach just about anything via the camera icon. You'll see a broken image icon in the message, but files are clickable and downloadable. I'm not entirely sure this is a good thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, thanks ...

we.., I've just tried, it doesn't work for me ... I renamed a .txt file to jpeg and uploaded it with the camera (as the camera would refuse a .txt file), but then the content of the text file is displayed, rather than a downloadable file ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but then the content of the text file is displayed, rather than a downloadable file .

well, yea. because text is a mime type your browser understands and it will render it if it can (or some browsers will ask to display or download). try it with a non-native type like psd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

testing ..t.java.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click... save link as: change name to remove the .jpg extention and open er up and you get a java source file:

/**
  * The HelloWorldApp class implements an application that
  * simply prints "Hello World!" to standard output.
  */
class HelloWorldApp {
     public static void main(String[] args) {
         System.out.println("Hello World!"); // Display the string.
     }
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks a lot Dave ...

it's funny, that it works that way ...

but as I said in my OP, if I rename my file and give it a false extension, I can attach it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines