• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forced to buy entire Creative Cloud monthly membership

New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a transcript of a conversation I had with the adobe sales team today – surely we are not alone in thinking that this is unacceptable?

You are now chatting with 'Vani'

Vani: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Suzi: Hi

Vani: Hi Suzi

Suzi: I spoke with your colleague earlier who tried to transfer me to sales but I got disconnected This is what I need a quote on for aAdobe Cloud: we have a team of 8 only requiring the design standard equivelant applications of photoshop, indesign, illustrator, acrobat, bridge. and one seat which would need the equivelant of design premium with the web applications as well.

Vani: Thank you for the information, I will be more than happy to help you.

Vani: I understand that you need assistance on purchase, am I correct?

Suzi: can you transfer me to sales or provide me with a valid email address that I can contact someone in sales who could provide me with a quote please as I am going round in circles on the website.

Vani: Sure, just to confirm, would you like to purchase creative cloud?

Suzi: I want to get a quote for our team before purchasing – like I said we have a team of 8 only requiring the design standard equivelant applications of photoshop, indesign, illustrator, acrobat, bridge. and one seat which would need the equivelant of design premium with the web applications as well. So I need to see if it is possible to tailor the creative cloud purchase to suit our needs.

Vani: Thank you, please stay online, I am transferring the chat to sales team.

Suzi: OK

Please wait while I transfer you to an operator at Adobe Sales.

You are now chatting with 'Preston' at Adobe Sales.

Preston: Hi, may I have your first name please?

Suzi: Hi Preston we got cut off earlier as I was busy for just a few mins

Suzi: Suzi

Preston: Hello Suzi

Suzi: Hi

Preston: Greetings!

Preston: How can I assist you  in purchasing Adobe Products today?

Suzi: I want to get a quote for our team before purchasing. We have a team of 8 only requiring the design standard equivelant applications of photoshop, indesign, illustrator, acrobat, bridge. and one seat which would need the equivelant of design premium with the web applications as well. So I need to see if it is possible to tailor the creative cloud monthly purchase to suit our needs.

Preston: Suzi, based on what you have mentioned regarding your team, I highly recommend that you purchase the Cloud team where you will have access to all the latest versions of Adobe software.

Preston: Creative Cloud for Teams is a new offering for groups and organizations who want to easily manage volume purchases of Creative Cloud licenses for multiple seats or users.

Suzi: We don't need all of the applications for our team! only 1 seat needs the web applications. Can we just have the equivelent of design standard for 8 seats and the equivelent of design premium for 1?

Preston: The Design Standard CS6 will at just £1238.40 per copy and the Design & Web Premium CS6 will cost you £1810.80.

Preston: cost*

Suzi: Yes but thats only CS6 what happens after that???

Preston: We plan to sell CS6 for use on supported platforms indefinitely. Adobe will continue to make Creative Suite 6 available as a perpetual software license, and will provide bug fixes and security updates as necessary.

Suzi: Are you telling me that CC only ships as Adobe CLoud monthly for all applications – in affect forcing us to have all of the applications at an expensive monthly fee whan we don't need them all???

Preston: Our vision for Creative Cloud is beyond just offering our creative applications for download. We're building a platform that lets you work when and where you want, and makes the community a key part of the creative process.

Preston: Enabling cloud-based workflows is a main area of focus for this and future releases, with the goal of making it easier to work across multiple machines and devices, as well as allowing collaboration and discovery within the creative community.

Suzi: You're not answering my question directly Preston – does this mean that in the future its all apps or nothing on the cloud based membership?

Suzi: its a very expensive monthly fee for Creative Cloud snd i'm sure our company will not be alone in requsting only the applications it needs and so therefore hopefully reducing the monthly cost per seat?

Preston: Well since you don't want to use the Cloud based software then you can purchase the CS6 full version which is available online now.

Suzi: and then what!?

Suzi: we don't want to be left behind but we shouldn't be forced to pay membership for certain apps that we simply won't use!?

Preston: I really understand your concern however it is not in our hand as we are only a sales representatives here.

Suzi: So lets be clear hear then We either take ful lmembership and a whole load of apps that we will never use or we are stuck with CS6 and thats the only options?

Suzi: Is there anyone at Adobe that we can voice our concerns with about this please?

Suzi: hello?

Suzi: Are you there?

Preston: Adobe plan to sell CS6 for use on supported platforms indefinitely. Adobe will continue to make Creative Suite 6 available as a perpetual software license.

Preston: Please click here to view more information.

Suzi: Yes but we want to have the latest versions of the Adobe DESIGN suite and it seems that unless we take all of the CLoud apps we won't be able to move forward – is that the case – please answer this directly please?

Suzi: I have read the info on CS6 that is not what i'm asking...

Preston: Yes, the upgrade path will be available only through Cloud now.

Preston: As CC will be replacing the CS version.

Suzi: But only if we take monthly subscription to all of the Creative Cloud applications right?

Preston: Yes, you are right, you need to upgrade to Creative Cloud to have the access to all the latest versions when Adobe releases it.

Suzi: That my friend is ridiculous profiteering by Adobe and I can't believe they are making us purchase membership for software we will not use. Is there someone at Adobe I can voice these concerns with please?

Your chat transcript will be sent to suzi@storyuk.com at the end of your chat.

Suzi: Is there someone at Adobe I can voice these concerns with please? email adress would be appreciated.

Suzi: hello are you still there?

Preston: Suzi, I am sorry to tell you that we don't have the access to send you an email address however you can share with your feed back so that I provide it to them.

Thank you for chatting with us today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old story, many posts on this subject, join in on one or 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Curt,  I will.    So ANGRY!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suzi I am afraid this is the way it is. All the Chat people seems as if they are still going to elementary school. The refuse to give a straight up direct answers until you have repeated yourself for the 20th time, and ready to bust a gut.

I had a similar experience myself just trying ask whether I could pay by direct deposit from my Bank so I wouldn't tie up a Credit card I could use for nothing else in Perpetuity. Plus the fact if you wish not to continue its one more PIA (Pain in the Backend) stop a Payment through a Credit card company You have to put the charges in dispute and its up to the CC company to decide if they (the company) keep you money or give it back.  (I've went through that. the vendor is always in control.) With a Bank you tell vendor you no longer need service and, the Bank you no longer use service and they kill the auto Debt.

Its another way for companies to dig into your pockets even when you no longer need a service.  I found out not by Adobe, but a Fellow forum user that dug a obscure document, I'm not sure adobe even knows about.  I even asked if I could pre-pay for 12 month service because it's easier to come up with that than paying a Monthly charge.  I received resounding. "NO!"

when we terminated the conversation When I said thank you for your time. I didn't so much as a Your Welcome. It was just BYE!

I can tell you you have no choice in the matter it’s the new Design /Web package or nothing I think you can DreamWeaver alone.

And they make no allowance to Non-Profits including Churches. They do claim they have an education Package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Many feel your pain. There is a TV commercial (regional? national? local?) for a particular bank (will not list its name, but it begins with A), where the theme is, to paraphrase, "We replaced the people in a business with a blender. Customers were not pleased." The visuals are of customers at a dry cleaning store, hitting the blender's buttons, and looking very frustrated at not being able to speak to a real person. Obviously, that bank claims that one CAN speak to a real person.

I wonder if maybe Adobe has used an electric can opener, instead of a blender?

I will say that Adobe does have Live Chat, where my bank (VIP patron for a decade) does not - to speak with a person, I must drive to a branch and do so. At least now, my wife's office is in one of that bank's main offices, so all she has to do is take the elevator down 14 floors.

Good luck to all of us, as the CC concept shakes out. I feel badly for Adobe patrons, on one side, and badly for Adobe on the other. I worry that they did not think things through completely, and might have been led astray by accountants.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

Phillip,

---------

Good luck to all of us, as the CC concept shakes out. I feel badly for Adobe patrons, on one side, and badly for Adobe on the other. I worry that they did not think things through completely, and might have been led astray by accountants.

Hunt

Exactly they are either incompent or too lazy to figure out how keep Hard copies, to allow Bank auto debit (safer than CC)  or if payment once a year would be better for some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1205851 I **think** the number that was posted was 500,000 paying Cloud customers, and a total of 2 Million Cloud users (evidently, there are a LOT of "test drive" Cloud users who were give a free ride for some reason)

All the complaints and petitions in the world will not change what Adobe is doing... only a drop in revenue and/or a drop in the stock price

Only if enough people decide to stay with the purchased version they have, and do not move to the rental plan, will Adobe management take notice

I think Cloud only is a bad idea... some number (20k... 50k... ???) of other people think Cloud only is a bad idea... but right now Adobe management thinks Cloud only for new software is a good idea

This time next year... maybe even by the end of this year... we will ALL know if Cloud only was a bad idea

In a news article someone mentioned that it took Coke "about" 3 months to reverse course on "new coke" and bring back "coke classic"

It will be very interesting... and painful for some users... to see if Adobe brings back "CS classic" by issuing CS7 as a purchase product, not Cloud rental only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Fortune 500 Companies the CEO Probably carries around that much money in their front pocket to tip their chauffeurs. But for individuals and small Business this tough to some up with the funds. Its my hope That there stock goes down by 50% as a result of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true. It's a catch though, there's really no pepsi for this coke. Correl? GIMP? Quark? sigh...  Only in video and audio editing do we find comparable products available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS about once a month so paying $250 - $1,000 a year is out of the question.  So I will be sticking with my old CS indefinitely.  So where Adobe could have gotten some money from me for upgrades to Dreamweaver and Photoshop now they will get nothing.  I hope most users choose to stick with their paid version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case others do not know this, you can “opt out” of CC anytime you wish. Of course your software will no longer be usable as the activation code will no longer work! I think Adobe should look up the term “Monopoly.”

This is a real rip off!!!

I could see it, I guess if they let you walk away with whatever version you are at when you decide to “opt out.” Even if they set a term limit, say you have to agree to “rent” for at least a year, but they don’t. Why would anyone “rent” software for a year or two or even longer and then have nothing when/if they choose to stop paying Adobe for their almighty software.

Do they really think that the average user can afford to do this and walk away with nothing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may still buy CS6 with a perpetual license... and if you have a product that qualifies, you may choose "upgrade" instead of "full"

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I felt pressured to buy the yearly subscription last August, because I owned CS3 and Adobe had the deadline of August 31 (2012) to take advantage of their $29.00 a month promotion.  Being under-employed I thought I should get it before it was gone to take advantage of the pricing.  But here it is a year later and they are offering the same promotion. And as life goes by, crap happens and I found my schedule change and having no time to use the software.  I know I could have cancelled with penalty, but didn't want to because I intended to make time to dig in.  If I would have known this I would have waited until I had more time and use for it. So basically I found myself paying Adobe for nothing.

I THINK A MORE FAIR solution for it's customers would be for Adobe to adopt a PAY-PER-USAGE model, maybe something like $.20/ hour.  This way Adobe would still be getting their money, but the customers would not feel cheated when they have months that they do not use the software that often.  Let's face it, a lot of people don't use the software everyday, all day like they watch cable TV where a subscription model makes more sense.

A PAY-PER-USAGE model, in my mind, makes more sense and is MORE FAIR to the customer if Adobe wants to stick with this subscription type model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fav part is this

"Preston: Yes, the upgrade path will be available only through Cloud now."

LOL path? What path? what rewards do long term users get after their measly year for 30% less? What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't adobe services are cloud based now? I wanted to get one for my blog  if its like that...

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines