Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum always jumps back to page one...

Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I move to page two of this forum and read a thread, it returns me to page one when I exit the thread.

Makes no difference whether or not I'm logged in.

Whassup?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very old complaint, posted several times. This will probably be corrected when the software used in this forums recfeives its long overdue upgrade.

In the meantime, if you want to go back to the page where you were, click on the "Up to Discussions in Forum comments" or equivalent button:

bnack.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

It took one of those older threads on this, to point out that "sweet spot" to stay on the additonal pages, at least for me. I was cursing a blue streak, until that subtle difference was pointed out to me - duh!

The one caveat is that if one Replies to a thread on the additional pages, then they are taken to Page 1, as that is where the updated thread (with their Reply) will now appear. After that, one needs to once again navigate to the additional pages, but for just reading, that link does work fine and keeps one on the correct page.

Here IS hoping that things will get just a tad better soon.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is one of the many bugs that have plagued us since day 1 of the "new" forums, and that we are all hoping will be corrected when we get a newer version of Clearspace. Although nobody seems to know, or willing to say, which of the bugs will be corrected, or if wer are getting the latest version of the software or a cheaper, older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is like the case of the US Healthcare Bill, where "you have to pass it, to see what's in it... "

We will have to wait for the forum software upgrade, to see what it entails. I am hopeful that there will be several improvements, and few "existing things" getting broken in the process. That is something that I greatly fear.

I have seen too many "upgrades," with nice long lists of "fixes," only to see another list, a few weeks later titled something like, "... But Oops! We then broke THESE things, that worked so well before... "

I am sure that when the changes DO come about, I will feel frustrated as heck, until some of you "sharp pencils" take hold of my hand, and teach this "old dog" the new tricks necessary to work with the new software. I can hardly wait for THAT learning curve.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't there a song...  "We won't get fooled again"...

http://www.pikachushideaway.com/fnews/smillies/icon_music_note.gif"Meet the new forum, same as the old forum..." http://www.pikachushideaway.com/fnews/smillies/icon_music_note.gif

In all seriousness, I have high hopes for the upgrade.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

Who sang that?

Maybe we will all be singing a different tune, come September, ♫ "what a long strange trip it's been... " ♫

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Who sang that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, who's on first... ?

Sorry, I am dragging a serious thread on the forums to the Lounge. I will cease and desist at this moment.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fuaho wrote:

Everytime I move to page two of this forum and read a thread, it returns me to page one when I exit the thread.

The easy way around this is to right click on the entry and choose "open as tab or new window".  Then read the message and close tab.  You will be returned to where you left off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines