• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum bug: Browser Back button doesn't work

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to press Back twice to go from a message thread back to the forum main page.

System: Windows 7, Browser: Firefox 16.0.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This annoyance has been up before, try.

Some have stated that it is a general (although seemingly rare) browser issue and that they have seen it on unrelated sites/pages as well.

In any case, it seems to happen more often in these forums than elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only seen it here, and it happens consistently, and on multiple

machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try,

I have just dug up a few earlier threads where it has been up:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4327161#4327161

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4434579#4434579

It seems to be a combination of possibly faulty  Javascripts used by Jive (or others elsewhere) and browser (version).

I see it often, but not always, in these forums, and I believe I have seen it a few times elsewhere (luckily forgotten).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Original topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/988260

There was also a topic recently where John C. explained why this occurs, and why this cannot be fixed, but I cannot find that topic now.

For me this is one of the most annoying bugs on the Internet ever!  If you spend a lot of time in the Adobe forums, you start to automatically double-click the back button.  Then when you go somewhere else, your fingers continue double-clicking, with quite idiotic results!

Another side effect of that bug is that after you double-backed, the browser's forward button disappears.  This can also be quite annoying if you just quickly went back to check something, then want to go forward where you came from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines