• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Comments seems to have the most activity.

May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the switch this forum seems to have the  most activity. The other forums are practically dead since the switch. Is this really what Adobe wanted?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't really judge but my take is this:

1/ Illustrator Windows forum – i used to visit that thru web access. About the same i'd say but it's now Mac and Win... so down. Definitely certain names are not as visible as they used to be earlier. Overall tone seems about the same but threads are not being followed thru as was the wont and are therefore, a bit sketchier.

2/ Dreamweaver – used to access that thru NNTP. Was very active. Still fairly active... BUT quality of threads is down; a large number of experts are no longer there; a few experts are very much more in evidence (as a consequence); the whole tone seems to have changed... my feeling is that it's not as friendly as before... but that could very well be bias.

3/ These forums i can't comment on. I only started visiting and posting after the switch.

Cheers!

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what other forums you are comparing to. In the last 30 days there have been around 100 messages/day here in Comments. If you compare that to Photsohop Mac, it is about the same (Photoshop Mac has never been a very busy forum), but they spike up on different days. D

Dreamweaver is getting around 220 messages/day.Flex is around 200/day, but I've seen some spikes getting close to 350.

Lightroom is about the same as here. Photoshop Windows is around 170. Premiere is around 130.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey comparing to Flex or Dreamweaver isn't fair, they're important!

Still, 100 a day is kinda high, isn't it?  Everyone has negative forum comments!    (In contrast, I never bothered looking for a WebX forum comment section.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

In the last 30 days there have been around 100 messages/day here in Comments.

Hmm never saw that in the WebX comments forum. 10 or 15 was a busy day then days without a post, maybe one or three reporting SPAM.

If you compare that to Photsohop Mac, it is about the same (Photoshop Mac has never been a very busy forum), but they spike up on different days. D

Well if the Mac PS forum was slow before it seems dead now.  I'm not seeing the the quality long discussions that took place before the change. All I see now is single question problems. People throw up a star and the thread dies, even if the answer was wrong. I used to enjoy stopping into the Windows forum but I do that less now because surfing the forums is so tedious. Even the ID forum is a pain and lumping the windows and Mac together was a mistake. The Mac questions are lost in a sea of Windows system issues. Just my view of the issues.

Whether you believe it or not these forums are dying. Pretty soon we the regulars are going to get fed up with these crappy forums and just go away for good. Maybe that what Adobe wants.

Remember when Quark took their forums away because their application was so bad? That gave Quark lot of goodwill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have a very narrow perspective.  I wont comment on the PS forums because i have no need to go there.

The forums I participate in have the same level activity as before.  Some days more, some days less.

I think the difference you see here in the comments forum is the difference between content and noise.   In the old forum it contained mostly content.  This one contains mostly noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old forum it contained mostly content.  This one contains mostly noise.

Kind of like the forum layout. Wow, imagine that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Siren to signal: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415447?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old forum it contained mostly content.  This one contains mostly noise.

form follows function eh?

curt, as a community expert you should be following the gandhi quote issue. it doesn't seem like you quite "get it".

the "noise" you describe are ADOBE CUSTOMERS GETTING UPSET!

thanks, dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to say that the Acrobat/Reader forums are getting about as much traffic from the folks with questions but there are less of the experts giving answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, do any stats survive from the old forums to compare?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Since the switch this forum seems to have the  most activity.

It's where we come to relax and chat (and read the funnies). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum that has all but died is the photography forum.  No way are there as many posts now as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Q!

Yeah the photography forum is down to about 3 posts .... a week.    Okay, I'm exaggerating, closer to 1-2 posts/day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Since the switch this forum seems to have the  most activity. The other forums are practically dead since the switch. Is this really what Adobe wanted?

This is because the same few members are posting the same comments again, and again, and again. This part of the forum is the most boring place on the whole site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pwillener wrote:

This is because the same few members are posting the same comments again, and again, and again. This part of the forum is the most boring place on the whole site!

Could it be because we care enough to want to make this place work as good as the last forum?

And did I say this part of the forum was interesting? No, I just said it has the most activity. Something that it didn't have before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines