• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forum decorum

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent thread in the Photoshop General Forum has left me somewhat irritated.

need the purchasable product back

Apart from what I perceived as rudeness the original poster appears to mention points that are all over the place (lack of understanding, being an artist, someone else being a 1%-pertson, update CS3, …).

Also the original message contains no question and Adobe is referred to as »they« so the original posters’s claim in the last post that it was directed at Adobe and only one person provided a good answer seems strange to me.

At this point this serves no good purpose anymore but I wonder …

So if anybody wants to take the time to study that thread could they provide a critique?

Did I (and others) misunderstand the original poster’s posts?

Was the original posters behaviour OK after all?

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical rant crusading against the subscription model.   Nothing you can say will make any difference.  Once a subscription hater, always a hater.  And they lash out at anyone and everyone who engages with them.    These conversations almost always end badly and/or Locked.

I suspect the OP tried to purchase CS6 and was told "no" because their OS is Win 10 or El Capitan.  At least when CS6 was available for single purchase, you could steer people in that direction.   Now however, Adobe doesn't want to sell CS6 unless you have an older operating system and you can plead a very convincing case for it to the phone rep.   It's not surprising these people are frustrated.   But there's nothing we can do about it.   When I see an obvious subscription hater in the forums, I ignore them.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post and the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message thread is now locked, so I did not unlock it to add my $.03 worth (inflation, you know) but I did observe that the original person completely ignored all comments about alternative programs, either from Adobe or other companies

I agree... subscription hater who was venting, not really wanting any new ideas... just like the hundreds of people who have posted to the thread complaining that Adobe does not port programs to Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not even a friend of Adobe’s switch to the exclusive Cloud License model … but some people’s attitude towards  communication and processing information that does conflict with their notions can be somewhat frustrating.

Which would also seem to apply to some of the Linux-proponents you refer to.

(In this case I suspect the original poster even misunderstood the Adobe operative who referred them to the Photoshop Forum – that was probably only meant in connection with problems with Photoshop CS3 which Adobe customer support is not supposed to address anymore.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines