• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Downtime 11/11/2011 - Read the Notice at Top of Main Page

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a moment to read the Announcement at the top of the main Forum Comments page. The forums will be down 11/11/11.

Forum_Downtime.png

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily a short downtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THe forum feels veeeeeery slow now, after the downtime is over. Some pages seem to be taking

Upwards of 15 seconds for a page to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I see is improved The screen doesn blink on and off as many times before its settles down. Now it blinks on and off just twice instead of 5 or 6 times before it settles down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I never noticed that. However, it could be that I am grabbing a glass of wine, and just missed it?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it had been switch to grey screen then to the page over and over as though the page is reloading. Its down to 2 reload cycles from 5-6.

I'll have to make a movie of it just for you to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I have not encountered anything like that. I can certainly understand why you would not be satisfied with that!

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] About the worst that I get is a little "Please Wait" message, with a spinning graphic, that seldom gets beyond 2 revolutions. Relatively quick, and easy on the eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not, John knows about can verify ibecause he saw it as well. But since not everyone sees it. There is nothing can be done about it because its not common to everyone.

I primarily use SeaMonkey (Mozilla all in one), But also does it in Firefox 9.0.a, Opera, iCab, Safari, Camino,OmniWeb, Google Chrome (all mac versions). So its not an issue of browsers used. And they all show other webpages fine . It's only on the Adobe Forums and and only since the new upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not, John knows about can verify ibecause he saw it as well. But since not everyone sees it. There is nothing can be done about it because its not common to everyone.

Sorry, I can't understand that. Can you repeat that with different words?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer was in reference to Bill Hunts's last message

Okay lets try it again.

I'm not (means I am not happy about it), John knows (John C the person connected with Adobe) about can verify because he saw it as well (the "i"was accidentally mistype) . But since not everyone sees it there is nothing can be done about it because its not common to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

That is not what I have been seeing, even on a G wireless network to the laptop. Things actually seem to be snappier for me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. By 4:20PM PST, things were back up, and running smoothly, at least for me.

Other than a new Search Icon, and larger text block, I do not see any changes. Still, with the rapid page load, I am not complaining.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received an e-mail warning me about this at 13.45GMT today (12 November 2011). About as much use as a chocolate teapot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My e-mail came about 3-4 days out, and I marked it, then when the "time" drew near, posted about it, should others not have seen the Announcement. Maybe I have a faster POP server?

What I thought was interesting, was that Adobe's estimate of the down-time was very, very close to perfect. That impressed me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All seems well to me here.

Pages load up first time, and fairly quickly.

I do see some differences in the user interface.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's much better now. I wonder if there was some transient high load condition, perhaps not all the servers were up and running at full steam, something was re-indexing, I dunno.

I suppose one should test all the servers to be sure, but it looks a lot better.

I guess I should mention this seemed worst pulling up old threads that were not cached, e.g. googling for something and finding an old forum thread and following the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried scaring up some old threads via Google searches...

Stuff from back in 2010 came up in just a few seconds.  Maybe the first try took a little longer (login?) but it seems snappy even with old data now.  I like your indexing theory, John.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines