• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum in other languages

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I set the language on the main Adobe.com page to something other than English, the forum language also changes.  I recently set it to French to look for a French helpx article, and some of the French forum content is displayed as garbage:

fr_forum.PNG

The red-circled part is incorrect (should be Était-ce utile), but other accented characters display correctly.

The forum encoding is set to UTF-8, so it doesn't seem to be an encoding problem.

This is not a single instance; I just changed the language to Spanish:

es_forum.PNG

Swedish:

sw_forum.PNG

It almost seems to me that the UTF-8 content is not correcly decoded.  But why only in that sentence...?

Interestingly, Japanese displays correctly:

ja_forum.PNG

[Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 27, Palemoon 24 - on Windows 7]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, this is news for me. In the fair forums, and at the beginning of the Jive era (for at least a couple of years) I tried countless times, all of them unsuccessfuly, to change the language of the fixed text in these forums. In fact, I seem to remember at least one thread in this forum complaining about this. It would be interesting to know when this feature was implemented without informing us users.

I will have to explore this new feature, because, from what I see in your screenshots, there are some flaws, apart from the ones you mention. For example, the word "Translate" wasn't translated in any of the three languages you tested, ant in the Swedish case, it is the full line that wasn't translated. Also, the date and time are probably still in English (in French, February is février, and in many languages, Spanish included, the date format is not Mmm dd, yyyy, and times are given in the 24 hour format).

When I have the time, I will take a look at the Spanish version of the forums and post my comments in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find the button for changing the language, here or in the adobe.com site. It used to be very prominently located at the lower left of the screen. The only problem was that, after you had gone through a rather lengthy procedure, the language didn't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no language selection in the forum pages themselves, only at the Adobe.com website http://www.adobe.com/

ad_language.PNG

It looks and acts differently from what it did yesterday; it was something "Language (United States)", and it brought up a pop-up to select the language.  Today it goes to a different page to select the language.

But the effect on the forum is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not use that button because everytime I had used it in the past, it changed the language of all fixed text in the adobe.com site without producing any effect in the forums language. I have just made a few tests and the results were somewhat surprising.

If I change my region to the one called Latin America located under North America (only choice including my country, as South America only lists Brazil), or to Mexico, the text in the adobe.com site changes to Spanish, but there is no effect whatsoever in the forums, where all fixed text remains in English. However, if I choose España as my region, then the language change also affects the majority but not all of the fixed text of the forums. Here is an example:

a11foro.JPG

I cannot say if this is new or has always been like this, because I had never had a reason for choosing Spain as my "region". All I can say is that there has never been a working way of changing the language in the forums for us "Latin Americans". And if I recall correctly, there have been complains about this from other "regions" as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines