Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forum is difficult to use

Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble in the forums.   I'll make this quick:

1. Can't find my previous posts.   I've looked in my user profile, activity and other places.   Can't find links to my posts and questions.
  2. Asking instead of searching for discussions makes it difficult to find content already posted.  For instance if i "Ask a question" and click a discussion topic, then click back on the browser my search "question" goes away and I have to retype it again, losing all i've searched for previously.
  3. The pages load pretty slow.   When clicking, searching, and browsing content to find information page loads are pertinent to reviewing content quickly that may already answer a question I have.
  4. There is no place to make suggestions on how to improve the website very easily.
  5. Auto-load content when scrolling down makes it difficult to find footer links where small links like "submit feedback" would normally be.
  6. Its very hard to navigate and understand each forums opening page.   There are all these weird points and community links that don't have a thing to do with finding information and help.   The biggest one of all is the discussions take second priority to other things on the page.   There is no way to display more "recent posts" or even click next on the page.
  7. Almost all the title bars are too large and the white space on the page is so much content becomes hard to read and look at.

Just wanted to share my experience with the new JIVE website because I've not been very impressed aside from the overall visual appeal.    The data has taken second seat with JIVE and that causes difficulty in finding and searching helpful content.

Thanks for reading, hope it gets improved in some way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - Viewing Past Messages

Click your Avatar picture to the left of your message

Click the Activity option

Everything else

Jive Help https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714

-or http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cliffclof wrote:

... hope it gets improved in some way.

Unfortunately there is very little chance for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't find my previous posts.   I've looked in my user profile, activity and other places.   Can't find links to my posts and questions.

COMMENT: Once you find them, create a bookmark in your web browser.

Asking instead of searching for discussions makes it difficult to find content already posted.  For instance if i "Ask a question" and click a discussion topic, then click back on the browser my search "question" goes away and I have to retype it again, losing all i've searched for previously.

COMMENT: consider using google search with the site parameter

site:forums.adobe.com photoshop change color

There is no place to make suggestions on how to improve the website very easily.

COMMENT: You can make your comments here as you have done.  Don't know how much Adobe will pay attention.  You have to convince Adobe it is important then Adobe has to convince Jive to do something. Jive doesn seem to have a file for designin the User Experience. Jive doesn't seem to do exhaustive testing. Why does Adobe use Jive is beyond me.

Its very hard to navigate and understand each forums opening page.   There are all these weird points and community links that don't have a thing to do with finding information and help.   The biggest one of all is the discussions take second priority to other things on the page.   There is no way to display more "recent posts" or even click next on the page.

COMMENT: Consider using this css style sheet to adjust the look of these forums.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1558672?sr=stream

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines