Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum js bugs

Advocate ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Adobe,

Since your company focuses on web based applications and products, having a forum that consistantly throws javascript errors does not leave a great impression of your wares. For the last few weeks I've been receiving the following displaying most all forum pages:

Line: 448
Error: 'adobe' is undefined

I'm using IE 8 and before someone chimes in with "IE is the problem", IE holds a significant share of the marketplace so the code should work - no matter how much of a pain it is for the programmers creating the pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Sommers wrote:

having a forum that consistantly throws javascript errors does not leave a great impression of your wares.

They don't use their wares for the forums, they use someone elses wares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Steve Sommers wrote:

having a forum that consistantly throws javascript errors does not leave a great impression of your wares.

They don't use their wares for the forums, they use someone elses wares.

And using someone else's wares gives th

e impression that there is something lacking in your own wares!

(Or am I the only one somewhat puzzled by this oddity?)

Extra line break kindly added by this non-updated, non-Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kami Bambiraptor wrote:

And using someone else's wares gives th

e impression that there is something lacking in your own wares!

(Or am I the only one somewhat puzzled by this oddity?)

Extra line break kindly added by this non-updated, non-Adobe software.

Personally I don't find it odd at all.

For example, Snap On makes excellent tools that are used by mechanics to repair cars. But they don't run an auto repair shop.

Likewise, Sears Craftsman has a whole line of different Saws, Drill presses, Lathes and other woodworking tools. But they don't have a manufacturing shop that creates and sells hand made furniture that was created using these tools.

The point being that just because Adobe makes many tools used for deploying web based applications doesn't mean they are particularly suited for some specific applications. While I note that Adobe has ColdFusion and Dreamweaver, I don't believe they offer any pre-packaged forums applications.

Just an observation... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too don't think it is odd to use someone else's wares, but it should not

be bug ridden to the outside world. And yes, I think the editor sucks fo

r the same reason that Kami mentions, especially when there are several free or very inexpensive WYSIWYG editors available that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don't find it odd at all.

For example, Snap On makes excellent tools that are used by mechanics to repair cars. But they don't run an auto repair shop.

Likewise, Sears Craftsman has a whole line of different Saws, Drill presses, Lathes and other woodworking tools. But they don't have a manufacturing shop that creates and sells hand made furniture that was created using these tools.

Fair enough & point taken, but perhaps it can be agreed that if they are going to use someone else's wares, said wares should not be an embarassment to Adobe nor a pain to the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, one can hope...

Happy Monday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines