Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum platform (Khoros) has NEVER had code syntax highlighting.   All code styles are wiped on submit.  It has been that way ever since Khoros launched.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea wrote:

This forum platform (Khoros) has NEVER had code syntax highlighting.

This is absolutely not true!

The effect appears about since mid January 2021. Before that syntax highlighting was present in submitted posts.

Unfortunately I do not have any pdf to prove.

"...and if it were so, it was gracious fault, and grieciously ha Cesar answered it.." [Shakespeare]
Why then should we waste our time in editing selecting a pgm-language tu influence the syntax highlighting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry  but I must respectfully disagree.  This platform has NEVER supported syntax highlighting on submit, at least not from any of my desktop browsers and not with any code that I've inserted from the </> icon including HTML, CSS, XML/SVG, JavaScript, PHP, etc...

If you did see syntax highlighting, perhaps it came from another source -- a screenshot, code pen or js fiddle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've had the syntax highlighting show since the Khoros forum was launched is when composing a post. Once it's posted, I've only ever seen black text.

Which is unfortunate, given the weight of loading the syntax highlighting javascript for every page. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once it's posted, I've only ever seen black text.

=============

Yes, @Amebr,  that's correct.  Once the submit button is clicked, all code styles vanish for some mysterious reason that's never been fully explained. This forum platform is leased from a 3rd party; not made by Adobe.  Since there are other more pressing issues, I guess code formatting is not a big priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«Since there are other more pressing issues, I guess code formatting is not a big priority.»

Nancy, but it would be really worth to put the weight of Adobe on that Khoros team: Discussing scripting issues etc. IMHO require an adeaquate presentation of the code. And since the highlighting is there while editing, why the heck do they wipe out it on submit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@K.Daube 

post in the community ideas forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please have a look at this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/forum-no-more-shows-syntax-highlighting-for-co...

It was claimed that Khores never supported syntax highlighting. But the effect appears about since mid January 2021 (maybe before that time the forum SW was not Khoros?). Before that syntax highlighting was present in submitted posts. Unfortunately I do not have any pdf to prove.

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert posted this comment 0n 2021-02-10:

Once the submit button is clicked, all code styles vanish for some mysterious reason that's never been fully explained. This forum platform is leased from a 3rd party; not made by Adobe. Since there are other more pressing issues, I guess code formatting is not a big priority.

My comment is this:

«Since there are other more pressing issues, I guess code formatting is not a big priority.»

Nancy, but it would be really worth to put the weight of Adobe on that Khoros team: Discussing scripting issues etc. IMHO require an adeaquate presentation of the code. And since the highlighting is there while editing, why the heck do they wipe out it on submit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@K.Daube.

This is a known issue that's been reported & discussed many times.  If it was an easy fix, I'm sure Khoros would have corrected syntax highlighting styles by now but they haven't.

As a workaround, I embed an HTML <iframe> from JS Fiddle or CodePen into my reply.   An example of an embedded Fiddle...

Hope that helps.

[Moderator merged with the original topic to avoid confusion.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, that's a good idea! However it adds to the list of required applications to do the supporting work...

Can you point me to a resource answering this question: How do I get the required URL of a JS Fiddle (which is a pane/cell on the Fiddle page) similar to yours to create the IFRAME:

<IFRAME src="//jsfiddle.net/NancyO/6k3v4ge1/51/embedded/html,css,result/dark/" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" allowpaymentrequest=""></IFRAME>

Do I need a registration in Fiddle (sort of account)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I got it already:

• In JSfiddle set up an account
  • Place/develop the code in the JS pane
  • With an account I see in the top row a menu item "< > Embed" and click on it
  • When preferring IFRAME I get this:
  • JSfiddle-embedding.png
  • Copy the Embed snipped
  • In the forum switch to HTM view and insert the snippet:
  • While editing the post the iframe is only about half wide - but after posting it uses the full width.
  • But I h ave no clue how to remove/hide the top row menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JS Fiddle has blue toggle switches on top.

TABS:  JavaScript | HTML | CSS | Result

VISUAL:  Light  |  Dark

Votes

Translate

Translate