Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Outages

Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a couple of long Forum outages today, at least in Washington State.  Is this server problems, or are they modifying the Forums?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forum glitches in the last 12 hours or so stem from something Jive, the company and software underneath the forum, is doing at a high level. Adobe is not modifying any forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... THIS is odd... I just came back at 1:35 PM and our 2 replies are here in the message thread... but the count back on the entry page shows ZERO replies

I also found the same thing of ZERO reply count, but actual replies, over in a product forum

Whatever Jive is doing... it is not working properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also in WA State (Vancouver) and posted about problems back on 10-8 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1078795

Wife has me working outside this morning (now 11:55 AM) but I have been on/off three times since about 8:30 AM and have not noticed any problems at all

I am on a 7Meg DSL account, and the forums seem "appropriately" fast to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Server issues. I've seen a few of the server nodes go down. Guessing that not all nodes are syncing, so right now they might have slightly different content. Need to get them all back in sync again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unusably slow until minutes ago, logged out when speed just came back, now logged in again without my intervention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums extremely slow again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums were updated without previous warning, and after at least two extreme slowdowns? (that's the notice I received when they were down today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates. I believe the stock "down for maintenance" page that Jive put up during the restart says "forums are being updated," though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

No updates. I believe the stock "down for maintenance" page that Jive put up during the restart says "forums are being updated," though.

Yes, that's what it says. And if it is not true, it's a lie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues with sign in.  have to sign every time I go to forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a regional issue.  I haven't noticed any problems down here in Florida - though to be fair I haven't been on much.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the above post went in right away.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are still messed up. I tried to sign in 20 minutes ago and the and the sign in page never came up. I just quit Remove all the adobe Cookies the went to Adobe proper and signed in. clicking remember me.  Then I came back to Forums and clicked sign in.

The forums have been doing so good the last few months. Now Jive couldn't leave well enough alone and screwed everything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

I just quit Remove all the adobe Cookies the went to Adobe proper and signed in. clicking remember me.

I'm glad I read this, it was the only thing that worked for me, (i.e., I had to sign in on the main page. The forum itself hung while displaying "redirecting.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing that happened to me.

It's for now remembering I signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Night before last there was a Fourum outage from 6 pm to at least 2 AM when Iwent to bed.

in Southern Virginia.

The sign in has been screwed up ever since. I sign in and choose remember and it doesn't remember.

Guess I am going to have throw away cookies again had had this problem in 2-3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the above the last line should be hadn't had  not had had

Took about 5 minutes for the above reply to take. I am on a 16 mbs Comcast Cable line now.

and this one took about 5 minutes to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received eMail from Curt Y just now that he is unable to log in entirely:

Curt Y wrote:

Sat. at 8 AM.  I have been unable to get signed into forums.  Can load the forms, but to sign in it just says redirecting, and will stay that way forever until you quit.

So if you can log in make a comment in the forums section that at least in Washington State we can not log in.

Thanks.

I think he'd like to participate, so if anyone's watching today, please see if you can effect some kind of repair or workaround.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums experienced some issues earlier today and were briefly offline for maintenance. They are now up and running, users can log in as normal - though I can't guarantee there won't be more outages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally made it in.  Deleted cookies but that did not fix problem.  Finally deleted all history and then it worked.

curt y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flushing caches and disabling caches didn't help - I had to quit and restart my browsers.

Now I can log in, and see proper names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines