Exit

forum redesign questions

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I have some questions about the new forum redesign:

1) Why is the Author on the left, instead of the Subject? Which is more important to quickly scan first, the subject or the author?

2) Why does the page not remember that I want to show 50 items at a time?

3) Why is a convention about the scripting language not enforced in the Subject? For example, "Mark this thread as [AS], [JS]" etc, as it is for "Mark this thread as a Question"?

4) Why am I asked where I want the new thread to go? I'm in the InDesign Scripting area.

5) Why am I by default receiving emails of threads? Why don't you have people opt in?
6) Why is my login not remembered, when I specifically clicked the "Remember Me" checkbox?

Thanks,

egr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I want to thank everyone who has anything to do with ruining the Adobe InDesign Scripting Forum for not answering even one of my (quite reasonable and serious) questions. I really appreciate it.

I see NOBODY else likes the horrible, careless, user-hostile, unstable, un-asked for and unusable changes that have been made for no apparent reason either. Kind of like Adobe interfaces in general, I guess.

Does anyone know of a good forum for Adobe InDesign scripting?

egr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guy...

Check here:

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

Guy...

Check here:

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

I'd sure take that layout rather than what we have now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erm, I think he wanted InDesign scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Erm, I think he wanted InDesign scripting.

<Hugh Grant>"Whoopsie daisy!"</Hugh Grant>

I was trying to reply with the same speed and efficiency as that to which I'd become accustomed.

I just haven't come to grips with the fact that this is no longer possible, so accuracy and relevancy suffers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

I just haven't come to grips with the fact that this is no longer possible, so accuracy and relevancy suffers.

Tell me about it!

And getting logged out in the middle of writing a reply makes me nervous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude. As near as I can tell, you haven't posted a single question to the InDesign Scripting forum. At least not under this user name.

If it had to do with Applescript and it was truly reasonable, I would have probably taken a shot at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

egr,

The normal way to come to the attention of the InDesign Scripting forum folk is to post a message in that forum. Coming over here and complaining about that forum without every posting in said forum makes it highly unlikely that anyone from the Scripting forum will even find your message let alone respond to it.

I just happened upon it completely by accident.

Except for question 3, your comments are about the forums in general. I have no particular answer to question 3 other than to observe that if each forum had the kind of controls you'd like to see in that specific forum, it would take a lot of resources and not provide a lot of benefit. Most people take it upon themselves to include some kind of indication of what they're talking about.

If you do find a forum that is better for InDesign Scripting than the one here, please share the information with our membership. I'm sure they'd like to know. However, I doubt you'll find a more knowledgeable, more helpful crowd than those in our scripting forum.

But you'll never find out if you never post a message there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines