• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum-specific search functions don't work

Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search function on this site doesn't seem to work properly. If I try to do a search on a specific forum via the 'Only this forum" function on the right side of the page (which doesn't seem to appear on every forum) or by selecting 'More options' from the search page, I get 0 results. Example - If I search the 'Photoshop' forums specifically, and enter 'Photoshop' into the search criteria, there are no results. I get the same results entering 'Acrobat' into the Acrobat forum, and on any other forum I have tried. It doesn't matter what I type into the criteria, I get 0 results. This happens both on a mac running Safari, as well as on my PC running IE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

It's not a problem on your system - it's well known here.

There's an almost perpetual "we're working to try to fix the search" response from the admins.  It's clear they're knocking themselves out to try to make this forum better, but the technical challenges against them just must be horrendous.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a problem on your system - it's well known here.

There's an almost perpetual "we're working to try to fix the search" response from the admins.  It's clear they're knocking themselves out to try to make this forum better, but the technical challenges against them just must be horrendous.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

I had originally tried to do a search to see if this had been brought up before, but I guess I don't have to mention how many results I got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a search tip on the main forum index.

Enter your search query on Google and include this to limit your search to these forums...

site:forums.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work is on-going to fix Search, but it has proved to be more difficult, that was originally thought.

We all hope that it is reinstated, and soon.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines