Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Suggestion . . .

New Here ,
May 30, 2005 May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought . . .

Is it possible for the list of topics in the Adobe User to User Forums be set up so it's in more of a table/spreadsheet format? Could they be sortable by date or alphabetical order?

Thanks!

Theresa Verburg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Theresa,

In my ignorance, I would think both things are feasible, although the second would probably be much more difficult to implement than the first. However, I would also think that the following questions should have to be answered before doing anything:

1. Would these features satisfy a need for the majority of users? Or, at least,

2. Would these changes be welcome by the majority of users?

I remember that not so long ago several changes were introduced in the format of these pages, and this produced such an uproar amongst users, that everything had to be brought back to "normal".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh Yes!! . . .

I'm quite familiar with the whole "comfort zone" concept and the chaos it can create when people are not in theirs. I'm relatively new to this forum and was curious if the idea had ever been approached. Guess I got my answer!!

Thanks for your valuable insight. : )

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

As Claudio says, your idea was tried (twice) and we yelled and hollered until they reverted to the "classic" look.

Adobe is a graphic design oriented company, and so are most Adobe users, of course. The current design is clean, elegant and highly efficient.

What was tried along the very lines you indicate was an abomination. It reminded people of elementary school, of images of prisoners living behind bars and a host of other unpleasant sensations.

It has to do with a lot more than a "comfort zone". It has to do with good design principles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2005 Jun 01, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

>Could they be sortable by date or alphabetical order?

The threads are strictly sorted, by date and time (PST) of latest post. This makes it very easy to follow threads and see what is new. This is the way.

Just imagine alphabetical order in a forum with some 1200 live threads: how often should you look for anything not beginning with A? The poor sods with questions beginning with W or worse would have to add an A first; and where would that leave us?

Edit: I realize that you mean sortable by the user, of course. But I believe it is much easier to use the Forum search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2005 Jun 01, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alphabetical sorts are useless as there is no consistency in how topics are worded. As just one example, an inordinate number of totally unrelated topics begin with the useless word "Help!" (One may safely assume that someone posts a topic question because he or she is indeed in need of some kind of assistance.) Other common leading words include "How do you..." or "OT", etc.

As pointed out, you can sort the topics by last time a topic is updated or by latest new posted topic, depending upon how you've set your forum preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2005 Jun 02, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa, I can understand why you might want this but as you can see from the comments above there are a number of impractical reasons why it would not work, in particular, Neil's comment that there is no consistent and predictable way that people would word their post titles.

Did you know that you can do targeted searches in the Adobe forums with keywords? This might do the trick for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2005 Jun 04, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you access the forums via NNTP you can sort and filter to your
heart's content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2005 Jul 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really not a reply to the topic above but a sort of S.O.S.: I haven't used User to User Forum for some time and now I cannot locate the "Add Topic" venue, even though the instruction is to click on "Back to Topic list" and there would be the "Add Topic".

Yet there is no such phrase as "Add Topic". Unless I am totally visually impaired, I saw no "Add Topic".

Would be very gateful for some guidance R.P.Held

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2005 Jul 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three buttons just before the list of topics in any forum:

>Bookmark | Add Topic | Subscribe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2005 Aug 01, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't find them as described, let us know and we may be able to determine whether your user status is in some way corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio thanks for the quick reply, BOOKMARK and SUBSCRIBE are there, not the ADD TOPIC. R.P.Held

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozpeter thanks, this might be the case i.e. somehow my side is corrupted, hasn't been used for quite a while (little quintuple bypass in March...) I wonder how does one ascertain and then repair it. This Forum is absolutely fantastic in its reach thanks to all the helpful knolwedgeable users. Yours R.P.Held

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> > Claudio thanks for the quick reply, BOOKMARK and SUBSCRIBE are there, not the ADD TOPIC.

Are you on the correct page?

Try: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b30e

You need to be on the Home page of the forum to add a new topic.

Iechyd da! John
14:11 01/08/2005 BST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks for the website, I will try it as soon I finished this "Thank You" note - I am grateful for the help I have received.
Yours R.P.Held

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2005 Aug 10, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, are you still not seeing the Add Topic link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2005 Aug 10, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did find it miraculously - I could swear that it was not there before... the letters are tiny, but there they are!
In the meanwhile I was distracted by other pressing things, so I did not post the topic, but will do it during the weekend when I can breathe freer. Thanks for your continued 'watching' - this is a great 'community' of true well wishers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Owners/purchasers of Adobe Elements

Hello-

I feel like a second class Adobe client. Why?

I have a very distinct feeling that Adobe doesn't really care about supporting Elements nor about those who have purchased the product.

Like many who have purchased Elements X.X:

1. I AM NOT a professional designer.
2. I don't ordinarily use Elements as an income generating tool.
3. I don't have time to learn a complicated design program like the full "Photoshop" program.
4. "Elements" was a program I could afford
5. I believed that learning "Elements" would give me a good start if I decide to really get into digital photo manipulation and purchase another Adobe product with more features.
6. I may, some day, purchase a more expensive, more "profitable" Adobe product.

What Adobe do to create this "second class client" feeling?
1. Difficulty finding any forums, tutorials, help pages, etc. about "Elements" online at Adobe.com
2. Lumping me and my skill set in with those who have much more experience, and a much more advanced skill set than I have.
3. LACK OF CLEARLY MARKED, EASY TO FIND, EASY TO RECOGNIZE PLACES FOR ELEMENTS USERS.

Was there a corporate decision made to purposely make Elements a "second class, starter, general public" program that didn't deserve spending time and resources on?

Or is it that the Adobe website has not been designed to feature Elements as a legitimate, stand-alone product!

Or is it that "Photoshop Elements" users have been lumped in with all "Photoshop" programs? If so, that's a HUGE mistake.

I believe that I am just as good, just as worthy, and just as deserving of Adobe's support as those who have purchased other Adobe products. If there's a problem, it's very likely the cause is "brand confusion" between Elements and all the other Adobe design products.

My solution?
1. Rename the product simply "Elements" and drop the tie with "Photoshop".
2. Redefine "Elements" internally as a legitimate, worthwhile program. Give "Elements" the same importance in your corporate world as any other product you have.
3. Concentrate on educating Elements users to become GREAT at using Elements by providing tutorials, staff time and resources to accomplish this.
4. Design and market another, intermediate program priced between the full "Photoshop" program and "Elements." I would say a price of $295 retail would be just right. And, again, name the program so that it is NOT tied with either "Photoshop" or "Elements".
5. Once trained, let "Elements" users know that there is another program that is a bit more advanced but not as inclusive or expensive as the full Photoshop program.

What's in it for Adobe? Happier clients, an new external and internal corporate image that says Elements is a legit program, a new profit center and hopefully, if done right, more corporate profits!

You're welcome Adobe!

Robb Blodgett
RobbBlodgett@GMAIL.com
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As its name implies, this forum is specifically for Comments and Announcements about the forums.

The Photoshop Elements forum is here:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.eeb4f8b/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>1. Rename the product simply "Elements" and drop the tie with "Photoshop".

Sorry, that wouldn't work. Photoshop Elements is not the only Adobe application with "elements" in its name.

There's Acrobat Elements, Premiere Elements and perhaps others I'm not familiar with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You missed out Forum Elements, a cut-down version of this forum that has a butt-ugly interface and is slower than wading through treacle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2006 Dec 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Homer the Cartographer>"Hawai'i, ehhh?"</Homer the Cartographer>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2007 Jan 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True enough but the first problem is getting to the forum. It is plainly obvious that Adobe does not want many of us on here and therefore they make it difficult to register.

I have registered under my own name several times using several variations (I an not ashamed of my name)using different passwords but each time I log in it refuses to accept it.

Adobe also refuses to acknowledge the "user code" that they themselves emailed me when I tried to register my Photoshop Album.

After two hours of trying I am now here and will try to locate the area where I need to be to find an answer to my problem, which incidentally Adobe does not list and refuses to discuss over the phone.

I just want make my point before I move that this forum is not a welcoming place as far as adobe is concerned.

Regards Ian Greig.
PS not even the spell check works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines