Forum Suggestion . . .

New Here ,
May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought . . .

Is it possible for the list of topics in the Adobe User to User Forums be set up so it's in more of a table/spreadsheet format? Could they be sortable by date or alphabetical order?

Thanks!

Theresa Verburg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Forum Suggestion . . .

New Here ,
May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought . . .

Is it possible for the list of topics in the Adobe User to User Forums be set up so it's in more of a table/spreadsheet format? Could they be sortable by date or alphabetical order?

Thanks!

Theresa Verburg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2005 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Theresa,

In my ignorance, I would think both things are feasible, although the second would probably be much more difficult to implement than the first. However, I would also think that the following questions should have to be answered before doing anything:

1. Would these features satisfy a need for the majority of users? Or, at least,

2. Would these changes be welcome by the majority of users?

I remember that not so long ago several changes were introduced in the format of these pages, and this produced such an uproar amongst users, that everything had to be brought back to "normal".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2005 0
New Here ,
May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh Yes!! . . .

I'm quite familiar with the whole "comfort zone" concept and the chaos it can create when people are not in theirs. I'm relatively new to this forum and was curious if the idea had ever been approached. Guess I got my answer!!

Thanks for your valuable insight. : )

Theresa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2005 0
Guide ,
May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

As Claudio says, your idea was tried (twice) and we yelled and hollered until they reverted to the "classic" look.

Adobe is a graphic design oriented company, and so are most Adobe users, of course. The current design is clean, elegant and highly efficient.

What was tried along the very lines you indicate was an abomination. It reminded people of elementary school, of images of prisoners living behind bars and a host of other unpleasant sensations.

It has to do with a lot more than a "comfort zone". It has to do with good design principles.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2005 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 01, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

>Could they be sortable by date or alphabetical order?

The threads are strictly sorted, by date and time (PST) of latest post. This makes it very easy to follow threads and see what is new. This is the way.

Just imagine alphabetical order in a forum with some 1200 live threads: how often should you look for anything not beginning with A? The poor sods with questions beginning with W or worse would have to add an A first; and where would that leave us?

Edit: I realize that you mean sortable by the user, of course. But I believe it is much easier to use the Forum search.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2005 0
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alphabetical sorts are useless as there is no consistency in how topics are worded. As just one example, an inordinate number of totally unrelated topics begin with the useless word "Help!" (One may safely assume that someone posts a topic question because he or she is indeed in need of some kind of assistance.) Other common leading words include "How do you..." or "OT", etc.

As pointed out, you can sort the topics by last time a topic is updated or by latest new posted topic, depending upon how you've set your forum preferences.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2005 0