• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum using Chrome and multiple tabs

Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically open the InDesign forum and scroll middle click all the unresolved items to see if I can give a correct answer.

Scroll middle  clicking a link opens a new tab in Chrome, and I used to be able to open multiple tabs and go through one by one. 

But since about 2 weeks ago I noticed that opening multiple tabs (or even 1 tab) bus croll middle clicking caused my computer to hang - I actually got an out of memory message and it shut down my applications in the background.

I've test it multiple times using different tabs from different sites - and it's only the Adobe Forums site with multiple tabs open that causes the issue. 

I've tried again today on a different computer using Chrome and it still happens. I open 1 tab by scroll middle clicking and the page doesn't load in the New Tab - the page just spins.

Needless to say - if I click multiple links to open in a new tab - the computer just completely freezes. 

This didn't happen before - seems like new behaviour in the past 2-4 weeks. 

Anyone else experience this?

Chrome 81

Windows 10 v1809 - OS Build 17763.1217

THanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically this happens a lot opening a topic in a new tab.

Annotation 2020-05-14 100942.jpg

Also - on another note I cannot resize the reply window - it's tiny and the grabby thing in the corner is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all and the supposed newest release of windows, although that might of changed in the last 2-5 days, is 1909 not 1809.

This has nothing to do with the forums or Adobe. 

I use the Middle click all the time in Chrome withot any problems. Win 10 1909 chrome 81 xxxxxx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't control the update of the work machines, but my own personal computer has the same issue. 

Might be one of the many chrome add-ons I have running  - I'll try to turn them off and see if behaviour changes.

But I don't have same plugins on both machines, so it is weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 1909 build 18363.836 Chrome 81.0.4044.138

My morning process is to get a cup of coffee and go to the forums I view... when I go to a forum, I scroll down (and go to the next pages) doing a right click on every new message that interests me (which is almost all of them, to read and learn, even if I don't post a reply)

I have had (such as this morning) as many as 2 dozen new tabs open across the top of my screen (not really counting, could be more on some mornings)

I have 3 Chrome addons... Last Pass password manager & a Facebook utility & an email utility to send links

Have not had any problems... including this morning, with a Win10 update that installed last night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eugene, I experience this as well. I reported this to engineering a few days back.
This is also added to our Feedback Tracker in the Back Room, so you can keep track of its progress 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines