• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum web pages take very long time to load

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem with two computers (home and work) and with three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera).

Web pages at forums.adobe.com seem to take a very long time to load, in one case I timed it at 129 seconds. Even when they appear to load and links are available to click on, the browser seems to indicate that the page is still loading for another minute or two (in Chrome this is a spinning circle icon in the tab at the of the window) while I am able to read and use the partially loaded web page.

Does anyone else see this? What can I do about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this where I am (at least not today, I have noticed slowness in the past)

Win10 using Internet Explorer and a Comcast cable modem in Vancouver WA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've been experiencing recent slowness in Chrome. Much slower than normal.

Sometimes I click Reply and get the loading symbol but nothing else. Refresh the page then Reply comes up quickly.

I've cleared cache and cookies repeatedly. No change. All other websites are fine here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

Yes, I've been experiencing recent slowness in Chrome. Much slower than normal.

Sometimes I click Reply and get the loading symbol but nothing else. Refresh the page then Reply comes up quickly.

I've cleared cache and cookies repeatedly. No change. All other websites are fine here.

It is strange that this is a new thing ... I am relieved I am not the only one experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Firefox you can use the network profiler to see what is and is not loaded (Tools > Web Developer > Network). In Chrome the same feature is under the More Tools > Developer Tools panel.

This site loads stuff from at least 8 different domains, some functional (adobe.com, typekit.com) but most are hidden scripts from Adobe's army of activity trackers and profilers (GDPR? Yeahright....). If any of those are blocked or non-responsive the site itself will work just fine, but the browser will say there is still something missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+Merchant  wrote

In Firefox you can use the network profiler to see what is and is not loaded (Tools > Web Developer > Network). In Chrome the same feature is under the More Tools > Developer Tools panel.

This site loads stuff from at least 8 different domains, some functional (adobe.com, typekit.com) but most are hidden scripts from Adobe's army of activity trackers and profilers (GDPR? Yeahright....). If any of those are blocked or non-responsive the site itself will work just fine, but the browser will say there is still something missing.

All of that is fine, but as there are many people experiencing this, shouldn't there be some action from Adobe to eliminate or reduce this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can assure you that Dave Merchant's voice is heard at Adobe when he starts complaining. I'm not sure that they are following his advice, but it's heard.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abambo  wrote

I can assure you that https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+Merchant 's voice is heard at Adobe when he starts complaining. I'm not sure that they are following his advice, but it's heard.

I very much doubt anyone listens to me, except to complain that I'm always complaining

The bloat added to the forums is probably way above the pay grade of the people who read these threads. It's strategic data collection, which is the direction Adobe is spending billions to dominate. Someone will have ordered the code to be embedded, whether it works or not is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dj_paige,

We are all in the same boat. The forum sites are sometimes that slow that I simply stop answering questions and do other activities.

Abambo.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines