Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forum webpage design suggestion

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I trust this is the right place to post this suggestion. I'm a newbie. Today I wanted to post a question on the Acrobat for Windows forum. I had already logged in and could see my screen name in the top left corner. No matter where I clicked/looked, I could NOT find a way to post a question. After about wasting 1/2 hour, finally in extreme frustration, I called technical support. It was there that I learned that logging in with your user Adobe ID does NOT log you into the forums.  This is sooooo counterintuitive it makes me want to rant. But, that isn't going to help the Adobe webpage designers make the website a better place.

So, Adobe, if you are paying attention to this, I urge you to redesign the webpage. Either make the login ubiquitous across Adobe for the user, or add some clear instructions to the forum page that alerts the user they need to click on the login button again on the left side of the page.

By the way, the support person I spoke to "bent the rules" to help me. He was patient and took the time to help uncover the magic formula. For that support, I give Adobe points.

Namaste

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a very good idea, but may well be beyond the technical capacity of the forum software, which forgets who you are from time to time as it is now.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And a Namaste backatcha!

While one would make an assumption that a software giant such as Adobe would have the resources to create and manage something like a forum, they don't operate that way. Adobe uses a forum platform from Jive software. I'm not sure to what extent they are able to actually customize things like the whole look and feel.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines