• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forum webpage new design sees posts lost to view and chances of help much reduced.

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have posted two new posts, both have vanished, I have scrolled through until 13 pages in and still not there,  and unlike the old page where post titles were a few pixels apart, this page is lots of white space and only 12 posts per page.

I got as far as page 13 and still cant find my post made just 18 hrs ago. My saved link to it finds it but doesnt show me where it is. I now have zero chance of anyone seeing it and replying. Ditto another one from a few days ago it too just got buried deep in the new design.

If the posts had a few mm between them rather than a large chunk of dead screen , 33mm in fact !!!) our posts could remain visible far longer.

there are 10mm white areas, how many secs ago, part of the actual post, all occupying space, when time, icons could sit at right, the adobe panle and stuff could be at page top, no need to see the posters text that should appear when title clicked on, all as per other forums.

The valuable but unused blank space off to right could contain the icons etc as per other forums I post to.

Its change for changes sake, its not fair on posters who have problems but unless spotted in the first few hrs if that, sink out of sight.

Also folk wishing to help are disinclined to go back 15 pages or more, one assumes that back there things are often solved.

I feel what was a lifeline has been lost to some web page designer,

I relied on this forum for help and its been lost now.

Merlin

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click your avatar in the top right corner of the page, and choose My profile from the menu.

This will bring up a page listing all your posts.

And yes, we're all frustrated with the way this forum is designed.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we form a petition or something, this is bad, ...as my posts are not being answered and within a day they are well and truly 'off radar', sunk out of sight many pages away with this silly loose density listing. Out of sight out of mind in other words.

You get the feeling that creating your post is a waste of time due to some lousy page design.

It was a great forum, not any more, all thanks to a page designer. Masses of white space and items we dont need, especially lines form the post, forums should be the title, not mop up space with a few lines from the post.

Do we know who is behind this format ?

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what any of this has to do with Photoshop. 

I see your posts on your profile page.  Which one is not getting any replies?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/9637083

Adobe leases this forum system from a company called Khoros (formerly called  L i t h i u m ).  While I agree it's not perfect for many reasons, it's all we have so get used to it.   Adobe switched to this system less than a year ago and won't be changing to something new anytime soon.  

In the future, please post questions / suggestions about the forum system in Community Help  or Community Feedback both of which deal specifically with the forum system.

[Moved from Photoshop to Community Feedback.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it is bad and was much worse when this system first came online.

But it is NOT going to change because the people in charge, Not the people trying to fix it, have NO Clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines