Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums HORRIBLE March 14 2011

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started 9AM West Coast USA - several "false" logouts
I had a message all ready to go, and between composing and clicking post... I was logged out
I have been a member of the Adobe forums since Premiere 6x days, to learn and help when I can
Now, due to either a lack of resources provided by Adobe... or the Jive software... the forums are part of the problem, instead of being the solution
It is really frustrating to take 30+ seconds to get to a forum, or a message inside a forum... and then find out I have been logged out when the screen finally opens
This problem has been here for several weeks, off and on, and it seems nobody is able to fix this problem... not a good public face for Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the 'she's?

Could be. With the androgenous names nowadays, one can never be sure. Still, I do not recall many (any?) ladies, who are named "John." Still, who knows?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Could be. With the androgenous names nowadays, one can never be sure. Still, I do not recall many (any?) ladies, who are named "John." Still, who knows?

She was forum side, helping / working with John C. Posted fairly often after the change, was very helpful, and now one doesn't see her....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am REALLY sick and tired of waiting and waiting for pages to load.  NO web site I frequent is as slow as the Adobe user forums.

Why must this be so?

Why hasn't the problem been addressed?

Why are so few of the requests that were made been implemented since they were solicited years ago?

and

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

I am REALLY sick and tired of waiting and waiting for pages to load.  NO web site I frequent is as slow as the Adobe user forums.

Why must this be so?

Why are so few of the requests that were made been implemented since they were solicited years ago?

and

Hey Bob,

Are you really desperate to post something on these forums?  What do you want to post about?  Is there a specific problem you want to be dealt with (apart from these forums blown up in Asian Earthquake).  Surely, you can wait until tomorrow or try going to some other sites like Microsoft or Yahoo who all have forums to pass time!!!

I am not sick at all.  I am just amused that Adobe can't resolve this simple problem and yet it expects us to buy its products to solve our own problems!!

Mind boggles!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Bob_Peters wrote:

Why must this be so?

and

Hey Bob,

Are you really desperate to post something on these forums?  What do you want to post about?  Is there a specific problem you want to be dealt with (apart from these forums blown up in Asian Earthquake).  Surely, you can wait until tomorrow or try going to some other sites like Microsoft or Yahoo who all have forums to pass time!!!

I am not sick at all.  I am just amused that Adobe can't resolve this simple problem and yet it expects us to buy its products to solve our own problems!!

Mind boggles!!

Don't be insulting by suggesting that  I am "really desperate to post something on these forums."  I have made plenty of posts on the Lightroom forum and will continue to do so when appropriate.  However, this forum is the place to make comments on the Adobe forums so here I am.

Furthermore, my post has nothing to do with wanting to post here or anywhere else.  And certainly nothing to do with the tragedy in Japan.  I fail to understand why you would even mention that.

Many, many suggestions/requests were made by users when the latest incarnation of the Adobe user forums was being presented.  Very few of those requests have resulted in changes, which is probably due to Jive Software being in control.  I haven't seen much evidence to indicate that Adobe is any significant control.

So please excuse me if I ruffled your feathers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

And I trust John to be right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

And I trust John to be right.

Many years of interacting with John make me confident

that he won't lie to us.  Just as he'll never be impolite in his messages to anyone. And I am very happy to see that he is back facing and explaining some of the problems, even at the risk of ending bald. This is a small window of hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing right now delays of more than 30 seconds

when loading pages or posting messages, although times are randomly irregular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still bad Thursday March 17

The intermittent (but fairly constant since 3-14-2011) forum problems of slowness and false logouts and pages that simply never get

loaded have been here for several months, and nobody at Adobe and/or Jive seems to be able to provide either a fix OR a "firm" reason

WHY
Upstream in this message thread it was mentioned that 6,000+ spam messages "could" be the problem
I work at a Branch Campus of Washington State University, and receive 1-to-3 spam messages a week (more like 20-50 a DAY at my home

email account, where my ISP uses a much less "aggressive" spam filter)
The last time I talked to the network manager in the Campus IT office, I was told that the "Barracuda device" that filters all

incoming email intercepts and deletes in the range of 2,000-to-3,000 spam emails per DAY... and as many as 10,000 in a day when there

is some major, new spam attack going on
While this does explain why the Internet in general is slow on some days, it does not explain why Adobe is not able to use SOME kind

of filtering device to intercept spam before the messages overload the forum servers
Considering the fact that new members sometimes post something like "I contacted Support, they told me to come to this forum to get

an answer to my question" it seems clear that Adobe KNOWS the forums are an important resource... but, without taking anything away

from those Adobe employees who try to help here, it really seems that Adobe as an organization is not all that interested in

providing the hardware and/or software resources needed to make the forums work WELL
So... we limp along from one crisis to the next... and keep hoping that Adobe as a company will, someday, wake up and provide the hardware & software resources to make these forums FLY, instead of crawl
As I said earlier... not a good public face for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, If my name isn't showing, I click on the "login"(top left), hit enter. This logs me in and my name shows. This has been working whether it is the Flash Forum site or a thread.

As for messages that won't post to the thread, I have been just copying and pasting my message before trying to "Post message" to notepad first. That way I can try again and it usually goes thru.

It may depend on what Server is being used, but that's been working for me today. I do know that from about 5PM EDT to after midnight, the Flash Player Forum is cooking on all burners:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is dealing with 6,000 spam messages.  Apparently it is taking Adobe

longer than necessary because they are trying to do a through job!!!!

It may take another week before all 6,000 messages have been sorted out!  Now this called 21st century technology!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2011 Mar 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an outage here starting at least 18 hours ago and lasting till half an hour ago (I gave up yesterday, 15 hours ago and started trying to get access in vain 5 hours ago, bobviously, things may have been working inbetween).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, now it is my turn to say that I haven't noticed anything unusual

in the last 18 hours... True, I haven't been all these 18 hours trying to connect to the forums, but I have visited them at least 6 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Just an update from the Flash Player Forum. Yesterday (3/18/11) most everything worked great. Was only logged off once or twice and I was on about 12 hours.

Today, didn't have any problems at all and was on about the same length of time. (3/19/11)

Threads/posting messages/PM feature/Site Searches/email notifications all worked fine today!!

So progress certainly has been made and thanks to all of those that are making it possible!!!

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh... I WAS going to say things were OK... and I was logged out between clicking the reply button and the post button

I'm beginning to think that the "new normal" means delays and/or false logouts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, Yes same thing on the Flash Player Forum. I was able to post one message, then it started with the logged out/signin routine.

So the only way now, I just copy and paste my message, login again and post again. At least I still have my message if it happens the second time. Maybe I'll just paste all of my messages to notepad and when it's working, post them then:-)

Everything worked fine all weekend.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with the Premiere and Photoshop fora today, Monday, March 21. However, it is less often for me, than from Friday thru Sunday, but is still happening. Copy, log-in, Paste, log-in, read, log-in, type, Copy, log-in...

Yeah, guess that we complained too much about the fora earlier on, as we will all now wish that we had them back, as they once were. "You don't miss your water, until your well runs dry... "

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in the imortal words of Roberto Duran, "no mas - no mas!"

Tuesday, March 22, 2011, is a day that will live in infamy on the Adobe forums. Since 6:35AM, PDT, I have logged-in over 35 times, with waits up to 5 mins. (yes, minutes), and encountered dozens of Server errors.

To view the updated threads, I log-in, view, go to Reply, log-in, get dumped to the Main Forum page, log-in, navigate back to the thread, log-in to Reply, type, Post - no wait, another log-in, and back to the main forum page, that is, if the server is found - log-in, Post Reply, oops, gotta' log-in again. Post Reply, all OK, then go to see the threads, but gotta' log-in once more. I have managed 5 posts in a little over four hours. This is getting to be just too much.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, You are the first sign of life I've seen. Are you saying we have ignition? Must be true. Well, at least you were able to login.

Update, lost all of my message except above. Received an "unauthorized" message.

Can we sandbox a Server/Forum/Website? ROFL

I'll head over to the FP Forum, but getting logged off here, doesn't make me hopeful.

See ya again, hopefully,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part, perhaps a c

ouple of hours ago I had to give up trying

to post, after countless "site not available" messages.

A large fraction of them received when I was trying to post. Mostly testing now, to see if things are back to "normal".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well the FP Forum "seems" to be working, however getting logged off when trying to post the message. So, I'm back to Ctrl+C before trying to post message. Then I try again and use the "D

Update at 3:02PM EDT This is the only part of my reply a few minutes ago to you that was "recovered". I used the "Use Recovered" this time just to see how much was recovered:-)

Here is my Ctrl+C:

Hi, Well the FP Forum "seems" to be working, however getting logged off when trying to post the message. So, I'm back to Ctrl+C before trying to post message. Then I try again and use the "Delete Recovered" and paste my original message.

So far that's working.

I think the time stamps are off though.

At least this thread is working, but I'm still using the Ctrl+C just in case.  Update: glad I did.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 22. Still getting abnormally long wait for some pages to load (15 seconds) and a false log-out this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loading speed for pages in these forums is highly variable t

oday. And I experienced  a temporal variant of the split personality syndrome; details in a new thread.

Addition: 35 seconds to post this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums seem to be even worse the morning of March 22

1-sometimes VERY slow to load pages
2-sometimes pages won't load on the 1st try
3-even more logouts than when I started this thread
4-reclicking login somestimes stays on page, sometimes goes the forum index
IF someone is trying to do a fix... it isn't working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I'm not having much of #1,2. But #3,4 yes. I've sent 3 messages since before 3PM EDT. I am seeing that after I compose my message (using the Ctrl+C first) it never goes thru the first time, always logs me off. Then my problem is having the message saved and then trying to remember which thread it is for Then when I paste the message after finding the thread, it goes thru.

I haven't been here as long as you and others, but I've never seen anything like this on the Internet at all. And I certainly don't understand what is happening and why it can't be fixed.

Haven't heard from anyone but "us" either.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines