Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums HORRIBLE March 14 2011

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started 9AM West Coast USA - several "false" logouts
I had a message all ready to go, and between composing and clicking post... I was logged out
I have been a member of the Adobe forums since Premiere 6x days, to learn and help when I can
Now, due to either a lack of resources provided by Adobe... or the Jive software... the forums are part of the problem, instead of being the solution
It is really frustrating to take 30+ seconds to get to a forum, or a message inside a forum... and then find out I have been logged out when the screen finally opens
This problem has been here for several weeks, off and on, and it seems nobody is able to fix this problem... not a good public face for Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb wrote:

Thank you for that info. I just came back from the Spam Report and see that any report I made does not even have "report abuse" on any of my messages. Completely blank, nothing to click on.

I've had login account issues twice this month, just have had that resolved again this afternoon.

I find it amusing the Spammers have no problem:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Just checking to see if I am following you.

1. Are you saying that there is no Report Abuse button in any of your posts? If so, it's not at all surprising: I would think that no sane person would want to report oneself as an abuser...

2. There have been login problems in these forums since the first trial of their new version, with some participants more lucky than others. I for one was for many months automatically logged out every time I closed my browser, but also after a period of inactivity of about a couple of hours. This happened regardles of platform (Mac or Win), of browser (Firefox, Explorer and Safari), or of the type of connection (cable, DSL, internal modem + telephone line). Luckily, this is gone now.

3. Well, the spammers rule these forums, don't they?

4. Have you tried reporting a spammer following the link I gave? If so, what happened? (To this minute, I don't see any spam report there).

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: adding point 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LOL, I agree on not wanting to report abuse on one's own message. I guess what I was trying to say is that each of my messages/posts that I previously made are totally blank, no reply to or edit or even at the bottom reply to original post.

Your Point2: I can't imagine that kind of trouble. Those 2 weeks in March raised my blood pressure:-)

Your Point#3: It appears so until some procedure is put in place to stop them. I'm surprised that isn't already in place instead of just having to report it and then someone has to remove them. Perhaps only Employees have that authority. It would be helpful for everyone though if trusted Volunteers could, but I would also think if that had been possible it would have already been done. Maybe a legal matter.

I do visit many forums that don't seem to have that problem. Here though it seems the busier the forums, the more the spam which makes sense from their perspective.

Your Point#4: No, but I read the discussion and thot it best to wait to see if the new Spam thread you put up would stay or not.

Admin or someone cleared out the approx 30 threads of various spammers!!

Thanks for the info,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to report spam in the new thread; nobody seems to be taking it seriously...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, will do. Hope we don't have any more for awhile.

Thanks for the help:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do visit many forums that don't seem to have that problem. Here though it seems the busier the forums, the more the spam which makes sense from their perspective.

My general observations have been just the opposite. I see little activity in some of the higher-traffic forums, but do see a lot in the lesser-used forums.

I am sure that there are exceptions to that, as I hear of a lot of spam in the Dreamweaver forum, and would assume that it is quite busy.

Over the years, there have been a few "patterns," but those seem to change after a month, or so.

It has also been pointed out, by people better equipped to know, than I, that much of the spam here is not meant for the subscribers to click on, but to be picked up and logged by the 'Bots that crawl each page.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I went to the message page from one of my email notifications and the message was not posted on the thread. I refreshed the thread, but nothing. So I closed that window and opened a new one; same thing. So I went to the Flash Player Forum from the Forum drop down menu and finally was able to see the post on the thread in question.

Now, I posted a message on a different thread and got the "unexpected error". Refreshed, but nothing. Used the back arrow and it brought the thread up and I saw my message posted.

A different thread, the same thing happened "unexpected error". This time the above didn't work, so I opened a new window and used the "Use Recovered" & most of my message came up. I added what didn't and clicked on Post Message and again received the "unexpected error". Did the whole thing again with a comment on what had happened and clicked on Post Message and got the same thing "unexpected error"

This just started happening since about 9:30 EDT. Don't know what to make of it yet. I hope we aren't starting another issue.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Claudio has already posted a message about this similar/related matter at this link:

<http://forums.adobe.com/thread/842399?tstart=0>

Dreamweaver is also crippled for sometime now.  I am getting emails to notify me of new messages but they are not reflected on the forum.

Something is happening today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DWILCOX01, I'll check that link in a minute. Late last night I noticed the Sticky about either the Forums or the Adobe site going to be down at 9PM PST. So maybe this has something to do with that and I think trying to fix the Search Feature.

I checked the Search Feature today, but it's not working.

Pat responded to me on one of those threads I referenced about and I never have received an email notification on his post. It's 1:09AM EDT here, so that was a long time ago.

I would say this must have to do with whatever they shut down last night for.

Guess we'll wait and see. I celebrate Easter so won't be on much until very late on Sunday night to check.

Thanks for letting me know that others are experiencing some of this also.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new message at the top of the main forum page, concerning sync with some nodes.

I do not know if that issue applies to the work being done on restoring the Search function.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, Do you mean this site? http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa  If so the only Sticky I see is the 4/22/11 message.

I just logged in and I see the Flash Player Forum first page has 2 legit threads and the rest is SPAM. Not wanting to look at the 2nd page, but will.

Thanks,

eidnolb     EDIT: Make that 4 legit threads.

Message was edited by: eidnolb    correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Blondie,

The only "sticky" I see if I follow your link opens to this if you click on it:

Announcement:                         Forums Search is down                    

•                             Hide Details                        

The Adobe Forums Search function is currently out of order. Our forum provider is working on a fix for this. In the meantime we suggest that customers use Google to search the Forums and limiting the search using "site:forums.adobe.com" in the search bar along with your search terms.

Thank you and apologies for this situation.

by adobe-admin                         at Apr 22, 2011 5:59 PM

Which I find misleading at best, because clicking on the apparent link does not open a new window; it just shows the details of the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio, That is all I see as well. What Bill referred to is not what I see either. I do recall that a few weeks ago when Chris Campbell had a Sticky on the Flash Player Forum, some users did not see it. There were times when I could see the Sticky and other times I could not. What caused that I don't know. Perhaps something similar is happening with the Sticky that Bill is seeing; but like you I see what you see.

Hopefully everything will be back in working order starting Monday.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see this message:

forum_issues.png

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DWILCOX01. That explains part of the issues. But the fact I can't see that particular Sticky may mean some issue in addition to what Jochem said.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the top of the window where you will see something like this:

forum_issues02.png

Click on it and then you will see on the next screen:

forum_issues03.png

Now click on the "Show Details" item.

hope this helps and let us know if you managed to see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again DWILCOX01, now I see it!! Thank you for explaining that. I'm not going to comment on what those other two said:-)

Just for the record, I am starting to receive email notifications this evening. And my messages are posting as they should.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

forum_issues.png

Man, we have just GOT to chip in and get you a Wacom tablet or a better mouse or something, DWILCOX01!

Just pulling your chain.

In all seriousness, some time (in Photoshop) try the Rounded Rectangle Tool followed by Stroke Path...

RoundedRectangleStrokePath.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe the Rectangular Marquee Tool's Selection converted to a Path, and then Stroked?

More "chain pulling" here... 

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right, Bill.  There's definitely more than one way to do just about everything!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

Seems that it worked regardless, based on the reply below yours, and above mine.

In the end, it's whatever does the job...

Hunt

PS - I was about to start a Wacom Fund in The Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines