Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I could move from one forum to another, and my login was maintained

Today, every time I go to a different forum, I must login again

Win7 + IE10 and no Windows update this week

ADDED

Thought the problem fixed itself, but it did NOT

I went from here to Encore and then Premiere Elements and then Premiere Pro... and login was not lost

Then back to here to say all seemed to be working... and login was lost... problem is intermittent, but NOT fixed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing of the kind here, John. FF21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not observed here so far. IE10/Win7 and FF21/Mac10.6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well... when all else fails... Windows restart

Seems to be working OK now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem earlier this  week; today all seems fine.  Maybe it was the Firefox 22.0 update...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a hell of a time for the past few days.  The forums aren't remembering me like they're supposed to.  Trying to sign is gives me an error.  My old bookmarks now go to different pages.  I have to restart Firefox in Safe Mode to get things working again.

Something has changed at the forums, recently.  The changes may be transparent to most, but it's wreaking havoc on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sill nothing here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to log in today, but only once after starting up a multisession FF, and it worked for all 4 forums in 2 windows.

What is far worse for me is the change from FF21 to FF22 which has increased the text size on all websites, and also the widths in these forums. Well, maybe it is actually better this way, with the things at the side being almost out of view, so I can only see the left part of them, such as Start a Discu (enough to click it) and Top Part and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, even with my browser left open, I lost my login.  And even in Safe Mode, Adobe kept throwing up an Error Processing Request.

Damn, this is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T.,

I have not had any such issues, for about a month. At that time (do not recall the exact date now), there was maintenance being done at around that time.

Around your date of log-in interruption, I had not experienced such, with both Chrome and IE 8, on XP-Pro SP3 machine - none since.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums seem to now be settings LSO cookies.  That's not good.  Those are a security risk and I always have them deleted upon closing my browser.  I wonder if this is why I am suddenly losing login so frequently.  Most people are entirely unaware of what an LSO cookie is, let alone the security risk they pose.

Adobe/Jive needs to stop using LSO cookies ASAP.  Even if they're not the cause of my problems, they should still not be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.flashcookiecleaner.com/ will help, if you are worried by Flash cookies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

http://www.flashcookiecleaner.com/ will help, if you are worried by Flash cookies

Windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they don't.

Local Shared Objects are specific to Flash content. The only situation where SWF content will be present on the forum pages is if someone embeds a video (YouTube, AdobeTV, etc), in which case the LSO's are locked to the video provider.

Jim Simon wrote:

The forums seem to now be settings LSO cookies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only situation where SWF content will be present on the forum pages is if someone embeds a video (YouTube, AdobeTV, etc)

And that's exactly what happened.  Poor observation on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouTube is going more and more and more to vimeo type content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did some more investigating.  LSO cookies don't seem to be the issue.  Here's what I've found so far.

Firefox Nightly 32 bit on Windows 8 will not log in at all.  It goes into an endless redirect loop, even in safe mode.

Firefox 22 32 bit on Windows 8 shows the same behavior.

IE 10 64 bit on Windows 8 works fine.

Firefox Nightly 64 bit on Windows 7 works fine (two separate machines).

So the issue doesn't seem to be Firefox, cause it's working fine on two other machines.

The issue doesn't seem to be Windows 8, cause it works fine with IE10.

The issues doesn't seem to be Adobe, cause it works fine (in some way) on all three machines.

What I'm left with is the combination of Firefox, Windows 8 and Adobe Forums.  That specific combination is the only one that won't allow me to log in.  (WTF?!)  Unfortunately, that is my preferred method for visiting here, the one I use better than 90% of the time.

I was having an issue with the CC app not working, not allowing me to log in.  I deleted the OOBE file as specified in a KB and got that working, but still no joy with the forums.

I've deleted cookies and cache, working in both normal and safe mode (in case an add-on is interfering) and still no joy.

The only updates to Windows when things went sour was a definition update to Windows Defender, so I turned that and the Firewall off - no go.

Every other web site and forum I visit still works just fine.  My login is remembered, and even if I log out I can log back in.

I can sign in to my account, but apparently the forums have a separate sign in, so that didn't work.

Firefox - Windows 8 - Adobe forums.  Started about the same time John had his difficulty.

I'm fully baffled.  Is anyone else using this combination to visit the forums?  Can anyone think of anything I haven't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I wish that I could offer some help, but I have to say that is the longest post I can recall you ever making...

Good luck, and hope that ARE able to track down the issue.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never found what was causing the issue, but as I had some other things going wonky with Firefox, I just removed it entirely, along with all user settings.  Then reinstalled from scratch and BAM!  I'm back on the forums in my favorite browser.

And thanks to Firefox Sync, I got all my bookmarks, add-ons, logins and passwords back, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines