Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums Need a New Look

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Does Adobe plan to upgrade or refresh the forums anytime in the near future? It looks a bit dated, and the text size is so darn small everywhere.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe rents the forum software from Jive, so changing the look is up to Jive, not Adobe

Tell Jive what you want Collaboration Software Solutions by Jive Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not true. It's possible to customize the Jive templates that Jive Software provides. Apple also uses Jive for their discussion forums, yet it doesn't look 15 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a request

-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John's responses are correct.

Adobe uses the default JiveX template with some style overrides to reflect corporate policy (the Adobe Clean typeface, top menu and forum homepage) and to hide a couple of things we don't want you to use (e.g. phone numbers in your profile). Full-on theming of Jive requires programming skills that Adobe simply does not have, and frankly it's not worth the cost of contracting in a bunch of Java coders to make it look pretty. The site works for most people most of the time, and it's only here to take pressure off Customer Care. It's not an Adobe product nor is it a showcase of Adobe's design expertise.

If you don't like the typeface, the correct route is indeed to file a feature request asking Adobe to choose another one, but it's not going to happen. The corporate livery package is trademarked and integrated into everything, from websites to the application UIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the world are you talking about??

I've actually worked with Jive software in the past. I customized the look of it for two large companies, so I can tell you with confidence that theming a Jive installation does not require a "bunch of Java coders" to customize the look, nor does it require advanced programming skills. It's just a bunch of templates and CSS files. Increasing a font size isn't rocket science, I can assure you.

All I got from John at first was an arrogant reply that also happened to be inaccurate. Then he sends me to two links that have little to do with my original request. And then some other ACP person comes in, who had nothing to do with this thread, to mark his answer as Correct. What??

How can someone who didn't start this thread, or participate in this thread in any way, come in and decide what answer is correct or helpful in the first place? That should only be determined by the OP. Otherwise, it just looks like ACP people trying to boost each other with more points that, in this case, are not deserved at all.

And once again, instead of simply addressing the issue I raised, which is a legitimate one, I get pushback on how difficult and unreasonable my request is just to increase the font size to make this forum readable.

Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think increasing the font size is so simple, then apply a local override in your browser and watch the layout break. All Jive's CSS is based on absolute pixel sizing, not em-widths - it was never designed to be responsive because Jive want people to use their mobile app. Then address the fact that the text is localized, but themes aren't.

Jive's OOB theming tool can make trivial changes to the page style (images, colors, fonts) and you can override CSS declarations provided the thing you want to address has a unique ID or class (which is what Adobe does) but to re-engineer the site (e.g. to change the structure of the threads table or give people more than one badge) means replacing the Java applets that underpin the page widgets. The plaintext page templates only define the framework, not what's in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TomHu  wrote

Then he sends me to two links that have little to do with my original request. And then some other ACP person comes in, who had nothing to do with this thread, to mark his answer as Correct. What??

How can someone who didn't start this thread, or participate in this thread in any way, come in and decide what answer is correct or helpful in the first place? That should only be determined by the OP. Otherwise, it just looks like ACP people trying to boost each other with more points that, in this case, are not deserved at all.

• ACPs don't need points. Some ACPs have a very low points count and still they are ACPs.
  • Marking a question correct is a privilege of the OP or a forum moderator, not per se an ACP. Not all ACPs are moderators.
  • Marking a question helpful is a privilege of any forum user.

And just to say: When I need looking at the site at a bigger font size, I increase the zoom level in my browser. The look of the fora is quite ok and doesn't help with some of the basic problems with the forum users. My problems are more on the functionality (performance, translation, answering on a tablet/phone) then with the look and feel.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TomHu  wrote

my request is just to increase the font size to make this forum readable.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TomHu  wrote

Does Adobe plan to upgrade or refresh the forums anytime in the near future? It looks a bit dated, and the text size is so darn small everywhere.

We can’t speak for Adobe about future plans because we aren’t told, but did you solve your text size issue, Tom?

On my iPad, I zoom with two fingers.

On my computer, I change the resolution to dumb it down.

In a browser, I use Cmd + and Cmd - and Cmd 0 for zooming (Ctrl on Windows)

Others have offered other solutions. Please let us know if any of these have worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines