• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums need a threaded view and a way to mark correct answers

Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm involved in a discussion in one of the forums that has gone on for almost 3 years and generated more than 30 posts.  When I respond to a post by user X, my post shows "in response to X,"  but if X has made multiple posts it's not clear which of those posts I'm responding to.   A threaded view is needed.

Furthermore, anyone who stumbles into this long discussion won't realize that the OP's original question was actually answered!   (not by me, by someone else).  Yet the discussion seems to go on as if no solution had been found. That's because the answer is buried in the middle of the discussion and doesn't stand out in any particular way from other posts, other than having been marked helpful by several members.  So not only are the discussions hard to follow, but there's no way to mark (or vote for) the correct answer.   Maybe that's something that only an Adobe moderator can do, but I have a feeling the moderator abandoned following the discussion before the correct answer was posted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person who started the discussion may mark a message as correct (also a Moderator) but that original person has to both KNOW the individual response is correct, and still be reading messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for submitting this- I think it's a great idea. I've added it to our forum wishlist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some discussions don't have a correct answer and for those a voting system could be implemented. If an answer gets a certain number of votes, the question changes to be assumed being answered.

Automatically locking old questions would avoid discussing on the same topic on and on. If you would like to revigorate an old discussion, you can simply link to that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J Isner wrote:

I'm involved in a discussion in one of the forums that has gone on for almost 3 years and generated more than 30 posts. When I respond to a post by user X, my post shows "in response to X," but if X has made multiple posts it's not clear which of those posts I'm responding to.

It is if you use Quotes.  See screenshot.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I click here:

1.png

I am taken here:

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines