• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FR: rename community help

Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems many users are confused about the purpose of that forum, and post there when they need help from the community.

TOPICS
Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename to "Help Using the Forums"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about adding a sentence or two explaining what each forum is for!

But we can't do complicated things like that anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, agree with that, great idea and ideasll not hidden in a "FEATURED" post at the top of the list where lots of folk won't think to  look. 

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave the hack could be to put text in the forum header, if it is an image...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not, and that wouldn't work for accessibility. In all sensible forums the table of sub-topics on the "home page" includes a brief description, date of last post, etc. but Adobe have this fеtish for empty space, rather like the heads of their web programmers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt tags? We can have strong opinions, but I'm sure we can voice them better without being disrespectful to the people that make this forum live...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but respect has to be earned. Try thinking like a customer for once, who visits this place for the first time. It doesn't make sense! The sections aren't explained, there's no help on how the forums work. Many features are broken, or have to be used in a secret special way to make them do what you want, like the Big Blue Button. As an ACP you're privy to our discussions on those workarounds, but nobody else is. None of these issues should ever be allowed to make it to production in 2019 - it's not some accidental oversight when creating cutting-edge algorithms for Photoshop, it's basic HTML and CSS. There's a "For Dummies" book on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave if I could I would give you 50 Thumbs Ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename it to Forum Help, or Posting help, or Help with this Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, agree with that, great idea

and ideally that info would not be hidden in a "FEATURED" post at the top of the list where lots of folk won't think to  look. 

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response To NB_coulormanagement

QUOTE:

Adobe Community Professional, 8 hours ago

Dave, agree with that, great idea

and ideally that info would not be hidden in a "FEATURED" post at the top of the list where lots of folk won't think to  look. 

neil

END QUOTE:

Not only that but the posts marked As Featured only appear at the top of the list "IF" you have Relevance selected in the Sort box and even then only for a period of time. Then they move down the list.

But who in their Right Mind would selct Relevance as a Sort order. Relevant to what, who, where. IMHO that sort choice make no sense at all.

And even if this forum started using Sticky posts, post that will always stay at the top of the list of discussions, the user would need to actually Go To that forum. 

These descriptions need to be on the Main forum page just under forum title.

And while they are at it make the Sort for that main page Alphabetical and or make the User choice Stick. Right now it always goes back to Popular??? Popular to WHO. That is as Stupid as the Relevance sort order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie,

Thanks for submitting this - I've made a request internally for our team to figure out how to better explain the purpose of each community, whether through community name changes or brief descriptions of the communities or another solution.

Thanks again,

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I've made a request internally for our team to figure out how to better explain the purpose of each community

Has this gone any further?

"Community Help" definitely needs to be renamed since it's not supposed to serve the same purpose as the Get Started forum.

>>  or brief descriptions of the communities

Few people read those. They glance at the Forum title then post. No further thought involved.

If the title needs to be described then it's a fail and it needs to be renamed.

Community Help serves as little more than a starting point for newbies who don't know where else to post. I see a dozen product-related posts a day in there. If I have time and energy I move them to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

Community Help serves as little more than a starting point for newbies who don't know where else to post. I see a dozen product-related posts a day in there. If I have time and energy I move them to the correct forum.

End Quote:

And so does the Get Started forum.

As with your comment the forums need description and IMHO the Sort: order needs to Default to Alphabetical and NOT Popular. With the Sort at Popular the Get Started forum is at the top of the list. So people that look at a LIST of Randomly placed program names, that normally would be in an Alphabetical order, they give up trying to find the product forum they need help with.

It is like having a numbered list that started with 6 then went to 9 back to 4, 7, 1, 12, 3, 15, 8.

Really???? I mean Really? And you are looking for # 2 (look there is no 2 in the list). So I'll just post in # 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>And so does the Get Started forum.

Acknowledged. And, yes, it , must seem like a bit of a crapshoot for newbies. At least they do post somewhere.

As I understand it, Get Started is where newbies are supposed to post as a starting point. Many Community Help posts that I see should really be in Get Started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines