• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Points!

Guide ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious as to how this goofy "answer for points" thing works and would like to experience it from the viewpoint of the original poster.

The first person to reply to this "question" will be awarded the maximum number of points at my disposal.

I don't check in here that frequently, so please be patient for your points. I'll come through.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Harron K. Appleman wrote:

I am curious as to how this goofy "answer for points" thing works

It's mostly just a waste of time if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harron K. Appleman wrote:

I am curious as to how this goofy "answer for points" thing works

It's mostly just a waste of time if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was fast.

I have awarded you points for a "correct" answer. Thank you for responding.

For those who have been equally curious, this is what it looks like:

AnsPoints.gif

I clicked on "Correct Answer."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now you can click on 'Helpful answer' for two more replies, giving 5 points each time. 'Correct' was 10. All very silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath always has typed faster than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still jumped in fast enough to  stop me editing I was about to tell Harron he already had 15 himself, visible by mousing over profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I "think" you get to give out 2 "helpful" answers and 1 "correct" answer. I've only started one thread before and can't remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. If I understand this thing correctly, Graf should have gotten 15 points and Kath 5 points from their participation in this experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harron,

You have still not found out whether it is possible for the OP to get self awarded points.

That would be another reason to drop them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not. Start a 'question' post and you'll see, no clickable buttons for your own posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have still not found out whether it is possible for the OP to get self awarded points.

Hello, Jacob. As Kath points out, that does not appear to be possible.

However, it would be a simple matter for a group of participants to start a mutual point-awarding fest that would render the whole thing even sillier than it is now. I believe I have demonstrated how that can be done.

Of course, I would never suggest people do such a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perish the thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  Have a heart.  I don't have any points and I'm feeling hurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, Bob, you have 5 points! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

hey, Bob, you have 5 points! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Now I'm IMPORTANT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if people would proof read before they post, a lot of this miscommunication could be avoided. Misspellings are one thing, leaving whole words out is another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy Johnston wrote:

I think if people would proof read before they post, a lot of this miscommunication could be avoided. Misspellings are one thing, leaving whole words out is another.

I have a problem with the builtin spell checker in the Jive syste, if I had it triggerred sometime it will make correction automatically and move words around or cause words to disapper altogether. I may have one proofed but by the time the check get through with it and post it it looks like a gorrila wrote it.

The way its supposed to work is simply identify incorrect spelling and give you a chance to correct.

And yes my proofing skills are not the greatest. I can write, Read two or thre times and still ends up with mistakes. What happens is That I read in proofing what I have in my mind and not on screen or on paper.

I don't suppose anyone else has that problem. Maybe I am the only one in the world with that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines