• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Funny Thing Happened on Way to Forum

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friday, Jan. 20, 2012 - MST (-8 GMT?), the forum sign in page went dead, at about 1:00PM. OK, stuff happens, and the whole Adobe Forum went down the previous Friday - the 13th!!! The screen that I got, for many hours (gave up at ~ 10:00PM MST, but all is good today, Saturday, Jan. 21.

Log-In_Failure.png

What was funny, was that I was seeing new posts from other parts of the globe, when I would go to a product forum page. Some were from the UK, at least one was from Europe, and two were from the US, but in a different TMZ - Central. It seems that the US Pacific, and Mountain TMZ users were out of luck. Perhaps a particular node going down?

I kept looking on the Forum Comments main page, to see if some maintenance notification would be posted, but then maybe Adobe was locked out too, being in the Pacific Standard TMZ?

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

Hunt

PS - I also tried several browsers, and several IP accounts, just in case, but got the same error screen, so did not seem to be computer, browser, or IP specific.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Yes there was a serious problem for about 12 hours at my end in London,

UK. You are not the only one to experience this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there was a serious problem for about 12 hours at my end in London,

UK. You are not the only one to experience this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that reply. I checked with two UK members, and one stayed logged-in during the outage, but the other did not, and could also not log back in. Have not heard from Europe, but feel that the situation was the same, or similar. One of the US members also stayed logged-in, and never noticed anything out of the ordinary, other than the sudden, and almost total lack of traffic in one forum.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

As I said in the other thread, I was also hit by the outage, as I believe most were, but a few natives on all sides seemed to post on.

Over here, east of Aidensfield, it only lasted a few hours though, and then I was back in.

It is funny how you can enter the forums and look round, look at threads and everything, as logged out, and then suddenly you are logged in normally.

Maybe that is part of the key to what actually happens, or not. I will add this to the other thread as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your observations seem to be correct. Originally, I had considered geography, but that theory was quickly shot down.

Seems (yes, realize that Rick's observations in the other thread, are speculation, but good ones) that it was a matter of who was already logged-in, when the problem started. For me, the inability to log-in (log-in page unavailable) ran for about 8 hours +/-.

As you note, the forums, themselves, were still active, but only for those, who stayed logged-in. While the activity was way, way down, I kept seeing new posts (those were some of the people, who I contacted), from time to time. I kept reading, though I was not logged-in. Got not auto log-in, but maybe I did not stick around reading long enough for such a thing to happen.

Appreciate the reply, and until Adobe has a different answer, I'll just go with the theory that those, who stayed logged-in, were not hit, and even unaware of a problem, while those who logged-out, could not get back in, for some period of time.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not log out; I found that I had been logged out, and could not login again for at least about 8 hours.

And I see no point in keeping two parallel threads on the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then perhaps you could have this one killed. It was being written, when you posted the other one, or I would not have bothered to post it in the first place.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines