• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Geez, Louise, This Forum Is Hard To Use!!!!

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to help out all day in the Photoshop forum, given the new releases that have come out today.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and IE11.  Current software, though not the world's most popular.

All day I've been plagued by such issues as:

• The editor randomly eating phrases when doing things like trying to bold some text or delete one character.  This happens OFTEN.
  • Inability to delete things.
  • Inability to type below a quoted message.
  • Images inserting in the wrong place.
  • Login prompt popping up and replacing the editor (only here in the Forum Comments section so far).
  • Inability to jump to the most recent post in a multi-page thread from Discussions view.

Do any of you Adobe folks in charge of keeping this forum up to date actually use it any more?  John C?  What's going on.  I'm a patient person but this is beyond what I've had to deal with before.  It's basically non-functional to be brutally honest.

Just before posting this I added adobe.com to the list of sites slated for Compatibility View (it's the only site I have in there).  But already once during typing this I got to a point where I couldn't delete a character I had just typed.

Any chance someone might be working to make this work better?  Do you need contract help to make it better?

-Noel

P.S., I added an exclamation point for each time I had to re-type the subject, just trying to create this post.  Notice that there are 4 of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WeveGotAeroGlass.png

Enterprise Mode - While it DID improve the utility of the editor, it ended up being pretty much unusable for a couple of other reasons.

For one, the forum doesn't really render properly with it, and for another it's specific to particular pages (URLs).  Thus I was not able to set it up to run on the Adobe forum in general.  Microsoft claims that through the use of the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager one can set it up to work on an entire site, but in practice I was not able to accomplish that.  Perhaps it's a subtle difference between Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise editions.

But today we've seen a minor forum update come in...  So I'm wondering:  Without any special mode setup, I'm typing this message.  I'm going to insert an image into it and see if it works.

Nope.  Still inserts in front of the text.

But interestingly I didn't have any other quirks while typing this message.  Probably just lucky, as I didn't really use many bold or italic attributes...

Edit:  I'm back in the post editing a bit.  Could it be I'm actually sensing an improvement today in the behavior of the editor - outside of the image insertion quirk?  I was having problems pasting things with dashes in them...  Trying...

here.  Dashes-in-here and-here and-here-and-here.   Nope, not fixed.  It just ate the first part of this paragraph.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  think it's obvious Adobe doesn't want to have these user-to-user forums, so they try to make them as intolerable and unusable as possible. I am convinced Adobe uses Troll-bots to make us get fed up and leave, like Phosphor and so many others did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft just released, as part of its August update set, a whole slew of new software, including an update of IE 11 to version 11.0.11.

I'm just trying something here that very often fails - bolding something on a line that contains a dash.

Wow, it didn't eat anything.  I'm starting to be impressed!  Trying-again...  Whoop!  The random text eating might actually be fixed!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, while I'm not sensing quite as many portions of sentences just being lost while typing, there are still SOME problems.

It seems that the editor sometimes just won't allow you to select certain text.  There are hidden points in sentences where it just won't cross, and if you're using an arrow key or deleting back to such a point when the cursor gets there it will suddenly jump to another place (e.g., the end of the line, or the start or end of the entire post).

And it's still not possible to insert an image where you want.  It always goes in at the start of the post, no matter where the cursor is when you click the camera icon.

SlightlyBetter.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines