• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go to Jive's own forum. What do you like and dislike?

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2009 Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Jivesoftware's own Clearspace (that's the name of the proposed new forum software here) support forum. You might even want to create an account so you can access everything any other user would.

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/community/support/clearspace?view=discussions

What do you like?

What do you dislike?

How would you make it better?

Don't spare the words, be specific and clear in your assessments and suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> There has not been a single voice among the USERS of the Adobe Forums in favour of your proposed changes;

There have been a variety of preliminary concerns raised by a very small proportion on the forum membership. We do not yet have anything like enough information concerning the final designs and functions to make a fully informed judgment on the proposals, IMHO. I have my own concerns but I'm not about to lose any sleep about the matter till we have a test forum to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the last time the change was made, do not expect a test forum. Expect to check in one night (or day) and get surprised (pleasantly or with irritation). That is why I had asked John to post a view or link to a sample of the look. That look started the round again, since it had all the wasted space folks discussed. A few want fancy forums (I don't remember such comments from any regulars). If at all possible, setting up options so that folks can turn off things would be the best option. In fact, if two different layout options (this one and a fancy one) were available, a lot of the complaints would go away.

All of the preliminary views have been with avatars and all. I have already voiced my opinion and am waiting for a test forum as others have requested. Even test forums on the MM side have been requested since it seems that might reduce the flack based on the current expected view.

A test site would be a great idea. In fact this forum could even go there as a test!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>do not expect a test forum

This FAQ says there will be a preview http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c502

I am not going to go back through every message here, but I do remember reading that the switch will be in April and the preview in March

I prefer the look "here" to the one (Dreamweaver) forum I visit "there" - but I am going to wait until there is an actual preview before I comment on the new forum

My #1 requirement is speed... I can put up with "some" wasted space as long as the forum and individual pages load quickly

Once the preview is announced, we will all have a chance to comment and, hopefully, convince the decision makers that function is more important than a fancy form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
>Once the preview is announced, we will all have a chance to comment

If past experience is anything to go by, we'll be told to put up with it because the development team gave it their best shot and the main framework cannot now be changed.

Until all the regular Forum Helpers and Contributors just walk-out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines