>>>> Thanks Adobe! I LOVE this new forum software!

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who belongs to many, many forums over the years, I've gone through a lot of forum software changes. Generally, the vocal majority raise heck about it, but eventually things settle down and people go about their regular forum use with little effort.

These new forums are so much "easier on the eyes" than the mind-numbing sea of text we currently have. Some like the new colors, some hate it. Some like avatars & signatures, and some don't. But the reason you come here is for the information, and this new software WILL make it easier to find what you're looking for.

Macworld.com switched to this very same software last year. They had an obscenely large user base, all of which voiced their opinions repeatedly, to the point where many simply stopped visiting until the switchover was complete. In general, those that don't like change tend to voice their opinions the loudest. The vast majority though, tend to keep quiet and roll with changes. Today, Macworld's forums are running just fine, offer a plethora of new features, and are more active than they ever were previously.

I have no heavy interest in what Adobe does with these forums because I rarely visit the current ones - mostly because I find them absolutely unreadable. But I'm also betting I'll be using them a whole lot more once this switchover is complete. In fact, I KNOW I will.

Rather than complaining about change in general, colors, icons, avatars, signatures, bloated code, or whatever silly reason some are coming up with, time would be better spent simply helping to find bugs with what is there. Once the bugs are worked out, Adobe will most likely start looking at "fine-tuning" the look & feel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

>>>> Thanks Adobe! I LOVE this new forum software!

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who belongs to many, many forums over the years, I've gone through a lot of forum software changes. Generally, the vocal majority raise heck about it, but eventually things settle down and people go about their regular forum use with little effort.

These new forums are so much "easier on the eyes" than the mind-numbing sea of text we currently have. Some like the new colors, some hate it. Some like avatars & signatures, and some don't. But the reason you come here is for the information, and this new software WILL make it easier to find what you're looking for.

Macworld.com switched to this very same software last year. They had an obscenely large user base, all of which voiced their opinions repeatedly, to the point where many simply stopped visiting until the switchover was complete. In general, those that don't like change tend to voice their opinions the loudest. The vast majority though, tend to keep quiet and roll with changes. Today, Macworld's forums are running just fine, offer a plethora of new features, and are more active than they ever were previously.

I have no heavy interest in what Adobe does with these forums because I rarely visit the current ones - mostly because I find them absolutely unreadable. But I'm also betting I'll be using them a whole lot more once this switchover is complete. In fact, I KNOW I will.

Rather than complaining about change in general, colors, icons, avatars, signatures, bloated code, or whatever silly reason some are coming up with, time would be better spent simply helping to find bugs with what is there. Once the bugs are worked out, Adobe will most likely start looking at "fine-tuning" the look & feel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But the reason you come here is for the information"

Agreed. A concept I tried to explain, perhaps with too many words in post 15 of:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.59b84f6e

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0
Guide ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "But the reason you come here is for the information"

The point is that the new forum is in no way shape or form conducive to coming here to give that information , so there will be little incentive to come here for something that doesn't exit.

When you're hard up for information, you put up with anything to get that information. But the regulars who spend many hours giving out information, assistance and advice at all hours of the day and night will quickly tire of the inconveniences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>But the regulars who spend many hours giving out information, assistance and advice at all hours of the day and night will quickly tire of the inconveniences.

mayhap, me'boyo, mayhap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there was a move title which covers the OP in this thread; Ah, yes. It was called "Minority Report" :)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramon does not speak for all regulars.

I think the layout and look of the new forums is light years better than the old. I believe most people who wander in to the current adobe forums think they have gone through a way back machine to 1990 or something. It resembles early bbs's.

Regulars may be used to it, and they may be effecient for some, but they are hardly welcoming. This update is long overdue and I welcome it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0