• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Happy New Year 2020/2021? 明けましておめでとうございます2020/2021?

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some time on 29th December all posts have switched to appear to be from the same date in 2020 (Dec 29, 2019 > Dec 29, 2020 so far). It may be intriguing to see what we shall see on 2nd January.

Maybe one of our Adobe friends will have the opportunity to look into it.

12月29日のある時点で、すべての投稿が2020年の同じ日付からのように切り替わりました(2019年12月29日> 2020年12月29日)。 1月2日に見られるものを見るのは興味深いかもしれません。

たぶん、アドビの私たちの友人の一人がそれについても検討する機会があるでしょう。

TOPICS
Bug , Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so on my system in the USA. Win 10, Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this on the LR Classic forum.

2019-12-30 12_47_26-RAW photo's lose original color profile after impo... - Adobe Support Community .png

Just Amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing indeed, Edward.

This screenshot (Get Started forum) shows the shift during the day, so we may witness a rift in the space time continuum, whichever side we are on,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch what you say around here. You could end up like me and have your ACP/MVP status revoked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've edited my reply, not because I'm afraid of losing my status here but because I don't wish to offend people who are just doing their job, regardless of whether I think they're doing it well or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well spotted, try.

I wonder how you could find it.

But that ought to give the switch on Monday the 30th December rather than Sunday the 29th December.

Unless the Khoros/Adobe Forum Week actually starts on Sunday, like in the calendars listed below, and they have tweaked the ISO Week System correspondingly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_days_of_the_week#Days_numbered_from_Sunday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well by 12PM somewhere it was 12AM someplace else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that depends on the server's internal clock and time-zone settings. This explanation is the only one that makes sense to me: The representation of the year string on the pages is done according to the ISO Week System, but everything else is not.

By the way, this means that when it is fixed it should retroactively fix all wrong messages, as it's just an issue of displaying the wrong value on the pages and (hopefully) not the internal clock of the system itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The display is normal in my environment.
Probably it is influenced by the standard time of account setting, but at present, ACP account setting is not working properly, so I can not check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's the case. That would (maybe) explain the shift occurring too early a couple of hours before the real one, but not several days in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:

I went to the Get Started forum again, and found that the switch/rift has now moved on from 29th to 30th December, see the screenshot below.

Based on that, my guess is that on 1st January it will move on to 31st December being in 2019/2020, and (at some time) on 2nd January everything will be over.

The earliest possible ISO (week day) year starts on 29th December (when that is a Monday), the latest on 4th January which will occur next New Year in 2020/2021 (week 53 ends on Sunday 3rd January).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date

Hopefully, all this may be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assause,

It must be about 1 AM on 1st January in Japan now.

Which year(s) do you see if you go to the first pages with dates in the Get Started forum?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it was late to check, I took a screenshot of the posted content at 23:44 on January 1, 2020 in Japan time.
I can looks like it was posted in normal time.

AdobeCom=_Feedback_post.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange, assause:

Your screenshot made 23:44 on 1/1 2020 JT (Japan time) shows my post to be written on 31/12 2019 = last year, but as I wrote it was about 01:00 on 1/1 2020 JT = this year (in Japan).

JT is 17 hours ahead of PT (Pacific Time = fundamental forum time which I have always used), so following forum time the post was made about 8:00 on 31/12 2019 PT.

Starting at 2:30 1/1 2020 PT I have made notes on the times in my Notification feed (see the Bell button at the top right of the forum pages, beside the Envelope button and the avatar), and I have had a look again at 7:30 PT.

The notes show that the post by try67 with the answer to you switched from 31/12 2020 to 31/12 2019 between 2:30 and 7:30 PT.

Right now, Page 1 on the Get Started forum shows posts written between 17 minutes ago (Where can I download Acrobat Pro X?) and 7 hours ago (Assistance téléphonique pour les problèmes de paiement); all posts on both Page 2 and Page 3 are shown as written on 31/12 2020 PT; all posts on Page 4 are shown as written on 31/12 20 PT; the last two posts on Page 5 are from 30/12 2019 PT.

The split between 7 hours and 31/12 2020 PT corrsponds to the fact that I looked it up a little before 8:00 PT, so the time stamp follows the days.

How do those first pages on the Get Started forum look to you (in Japan time)?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is over now.

It seems to have been (like) a rift wave through the forum space time continuum where the date of posts from the previous 24 hours (in 2019) were switched to 2020.

By the end of 1st January (PT = the fundamental forum time, things may have been different in different local times), the last posts from 31st December switched from 2020 to 2019, and the rift closed.

Different observations appear in this thread and in the two sister threads below.

These observations have been blurred by the (current) forum time stamp system with seconds/minutes/hours/date (the last part being from the previous day), the exception being the Notification feed with the extended system seconds/minutes/hours/date/date+time (the last part being from the day before the previous day).

Most likely it is related to, but also different from, (direct) effects of following the ISO week date system, maybe best described as a 24 hour retrospect switch to the ISO week date year: the ISO week date year 2020 started on 30th December where the first switch appeared for 29th December. See link below.

Unchanged, next new year we may see the opposite switch, or rather non switch, to be observed from 2nd January through 3rd January 2021, showing 1st January and 2nd January gradually switch from 2019 to 2020, because the ISO week date year 2021 begins on 4th January.

More boringly decribed, all this may be owing to a combination where the year part of the date for the previous day in the forum time stamp system with seconds/minutes/hours/date is set to the current year (at the time of the time stamp) as determined by the ISO week date system, in other words the previous day appears as being in the same (ISO) year as the current day.

I wonder whether this was sufficiently unintelligible for a New Year event.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/happy-new-year-2020-2021-%E6%98%8E%E3%81%91%E3%81%BE%E3%81%...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/happy-new-year-2020-2021-%E6%98%8E%E3%8...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-feedback/happy-new-year-2020-2021-%E6%98%8E%E3%81%91%E3%81%...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome/71.0.3578.99 Mobile Safari/537.36

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines