• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Help!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, first time I've taken the "forum" route to find an answer but would be very grateful if anyone can help me.

I have just purchased and installed an upgrade from Creative Suite design Premium form CS4 to CS5.5 and have two issues.

Theres lotes fo new stuff and to get up to speed quickly, I have tried to access the inbuilt help files (e.g., in InDesign: "Help>Indesign Help". Unfortunately, nothing happens except a "TextEdit" error box appears saying:

"Adobe Air This installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance."

I located Adobe Air on my system, un-installed it using the uninstaller and then down loaded it again from Adobe's website and reinstalled. The error message persists - any help?

Also, as more of an annoyance then a real problem. I had a window "pop up" that offered a free benefit for registering my product with a link to update mt Adobe profile and a link to show what benefits were available (a choice between a new font, a photoshop plug in, 30 days with Lynda.com or a trieal of Adobes magazine.). Once I had updated a couple of small things in my profile I went to chose the benefit I wanted (the photoshop plugin) only to find that none of the links in the window were live, so no way to chose the item and down load it. I've seen another person ask about this in the forums when I did a Google search but unfortunately their answer was PM'ed by an Adobe representative so I couldn't follow their solution.

Appologies if these questions have been covered else where - I couldn't find any reference via the forums search but could be I wasn't using the correct search terms.

Any answeres would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

For info I am running CS5.5 on a Mac Pro (2 x 3 ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 8gb ram OS X 10.6.8

adobe-error-message.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Thank you Claudio, I will close this and move my enquirey to there.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are at the wrong forum; this one is only for discussions on the forums themselves. The Creative Suite forums are here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Claudio, I will close this and move my enquirey to there.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THere is a forum for the help system at http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites/communityhelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case someone else reads this message and needs help with help

For easy searching, download the product user guide PDF(s)

The individual CS5 pages also have links to the earlier user guide pages

CS5 User Guides - online and PDF (right click PDF link to save PDF to your hard drive)

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for-creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines