• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOCKED Adobe Flash Player is DEAD

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I lodge a complaint about Adobe Flash Player? When I updated Adobe Flash Player this morning it also installed a McAfee scanning software without any warning or notification. I find this totally unacceptable. But I cannot find any information on the Adobe website that will allow me to lodge my complaint. Which I also find totally unacceptable.

Ho hum.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a an old complaint. I would have thoughtas much bad karma as Adobe has received would have stopped this practice espcially since it found that many time McAfeee either gets protection signatures wrong or cause more problems than it fixes.

I don't know whether mailto:adbecare@adobe.com is still effective.

At one time a disgruntled Adobe products user created a FaceBook or twitter page. And many in past have claimed when there complaints got ignored or laughed at by Adobe. They suddenly got action whe airring their complaint on this FaceBook or Twitter page.

There should be a big warning Box stating:

Adobe is about to install a package Called McAfee  on your computer. If you do not wish to instal click checkmark here.

Do you wish have Adobe install Products not requested on your computer yes__  or no__ please use a √

And to adhere to wishes of the customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how the upgrade was done but if you went for the manual option (highly recommended here using Firefox) then you would have seen something like this on the screen:

http://tinyurl.com/a4ufssq

This gives you the option to deselect the McAfee crap at point of download.

For IE users, you get completely different crapware:

http://tinyurl.com/d78nxl5

Good luck and enjoy upgrading your products or keep spending time complaining about trivial matters!

Next time be sure to be extra vigilant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had I seen something like that, I would have unchecked the box, obviously. Hence my ire at not having been given the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done countless Flash Player updates, and when the update went via http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ it always shows the checkbox to disable any bundled software

mca.PNG

If you see something different, and it anyway installs a 3rd-party software, can you post a screenshot?

Anyway, there are always the offline installers (without any bundled software) that can be downloaded from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also updated Flash Player, and it had a pre-checked box for Google Chrome, which I unchecked

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1098957

I have never seen a bundled Adobe install screen that did not have a box to check/uncheck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Ho-Hum to you as well! How dare it - installing that unwanted McAfee scanning software without any warning or notification!

How dare these companies trying to squeeze us citizens into paying over our: Moms and Dads - hard earned money!

Trying to get them to adjust to your requests, would be like asking the Prison Warden to be nicer to the Prisoners! LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes it a little more time consuming but you really have to read all the text before any download.  The print can be small and crammed in an obscure space, but it is usually there if you get an "extra".  And of course they always come pre-checked to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a soltleuy enraged that adombed flash playr doesnt run anymore. I wanred to play nynan cat but i was nto able to becaus eyou guys go t rid fo the platform. do you weven comprehrend the level odf  damage you have caused. my childhooff was cool math agmes and i bet most igf not all ove those are using adobie flash. Now, i am concerned about the yuonger generation. the games supoported by adbe flash were a majot aprt of my kife going up, an do now you ae harming the potenital of the youthl, highhly sugggetsoion you reconsdr your desicion and help humanity escel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines