• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change my display/screen name?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, my email address is appearing as my screen name. I can't find a way to change it.

My set screen name in my adobe profile is not appearing (so please don't suggest I change it there because it doesn't work), and in my forums profile, I can't find an edit function to change the screen name. Please help. I don't need the world to have my email address.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

There's a problem with the communication between the Adobe account and the forums. I _believe_ t hey're working on it.  I reported this as a bug over in the Community Feedback forum. More likes will get them to look at it sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to log in to your Adobe account (account.adobe.com), access your profile, and change your screen name there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work. I did that. It doesn't change the screen name in these forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. It doesn't work for me, either, but that is, according to the Profile page, where you are supposed to do it, and I recall having done so in the past (when we were on Jive). It's possible that it takes a few hours to propagate. If your (and my) change doesn't show up by midday tomorrow, you may have to request help from Customer Support.

I'll see if there's anything I can dig up, but I make no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed mine two days ago and it has not updated here. And, customer support told me to do the same thing, so from what I can tell they don't have answers. There is no one to speak to for specific help with 'forums', so I can't find anyone else to ask. I'm holding out hope someone somewhere will see this and have an answer. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm putting this in as a bug report right here in this community, since this is where they want that sort of information. With luck, tagging it thusly will bring it to the attention of people who can actually look into it.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying! I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue with my account. The updated screen name doesn't show on my support community posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know what you want and someone will request an Adobe employee to make the change for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the display name for your computer. You can change the name your computer uses to display itself to other computers or devices, http://bit.ly/2JkbDzd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have misunderstood what was being asked for here. What hquicksilver was asking for was a way to change the name shown next to their avatar (see screenshot below). This is set in your Adobe profile and is not related to the name your computer displays to other computers or devices.

screen name.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exactly correct. I am talking about the display name in Adobe forums, which is what you have indicated in the screenshot. For some reason, mine is showing my email and I don't want that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i you told you what i know is going on so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right now iam still pissed from the last tech I talked to this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever figure this out?  There's no forum name change option in the account settings which is where I'm being directed.  I'd like it to not be my email any longer as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still no answers. Still haven't heard back from anyone at @Adobe either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a problem with the communication between the Adobe account and the forums. I _believe_ t hey're working on it.  I reported this as a bug over in the Community Feedback forum. More likes will get them to look at it sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I liked it!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be removed as a "correct answer" since it doesn't actually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this since I would like to change my name as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep an eye on the bi-weekly Release Notes that are posted in the Community Feedback forum for an update on this bug. Those are official posts from Adobe employees and are your best source of information on changes being made to the platform software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines