• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete a question I posted to a forum?

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete a question I posted to a forum? After discussing that question with a few people, I identified my problem, and I posted a new question specifically about that problem. I'd like to delete my original question, but can't figure out how to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this helps (or even if it still applies since Adobe regularly tinkers with and updates the Jive forum software - sometimes for better, sometimes for worse).

How do I delete a message that I have posted in the Forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1877446

Got a link to the message you want to delete? One of the forum moderators can do it for you if you find you're not able to for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Beyond John's suggestions, here is something else to think about:

The Adobe Forums function on several levels.

1. First, many use them to get assistance, and have questions answers - this is what is most commonly thought of, when one uses the Forums.
  2. However, many will come to the Forums, then do a Search for answers to similar questions, or problems, that they might have. A discussion, with answers, or suggestions, can be very useful to those folk, even if the OP has cured the problem, of found the answer elsewhere. That is one good reason to come back to one's posts, and state what the answer, or solution was.
  3. Then, there are many who come to the Forums to read and learn, so having older threads show, will be very useful to them.

These are some of the considerations that MOD's need to make, before just Deleting a thread - will that thread help others over time?

Good luck, and hope that the questions WERE answered, or solutions found.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines